+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC PR Quebec to Ontario (but not immediately)

Lollo

Jan 20, 2020
Hi,

I'm currently sounding out a few lawyers and once I've chosen one and had a meeting I'll update the thread.

It really does seem that the crux of the matter is the Letter of Intent and whether it is binding or not. I think as I wasn't ever requested to write one it may stand in my favour as I have actually, broadly speaking fulfilled my commitment.If not, I'll happily accept whatever remedial solutions are handed down on me.

Another avenue mentioned to me was to wait until I had a full 3 years as a resident in Ontario and that where I was resident beforehand doesn't really come up in the application.

Thank you so much for your thoughts, suggestions and advice.

Reactions: armoured

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I'm currently sounding out a few lawyers and once I've chosen one and had a meeting I'll update the thread.

It really does seem that the crux of the matter is the Letter of Intent and whether it is binding or not. I think as I wasn't ever requested to write one it may stand in my favour as I have actually, broadly speaking fulfilled my commitment.If not, I'll happily accept whatever remedial solutions are handed down on me.

Another avenue mentioned to me was to wait until I had a full 3 years as a resident in Ontario and that where I was resident beforehand doesn't really come up in the application.

Thank you so much for your thoughts, suggestions and advice.
Believe you got the PR because you were using your family’s address as your home address. Essentially CIC thought you had relocated to Ontario. Had you put your true address you would have been denied. Don’t believe letter of intent was necessary. Unlike PNP this program says it is not available for residents of Quebec,

Best of luck. You never know what the government chooses to pursue. Seems very random at times. They may not say anything. Keep us posted.

Lollo

Jan 20, 2020
Believe you got the PR because you were using your family’s address as your home address. Essentially CIC thought you had relocated to Ontario. Had you put your true address you would have been denied. Don’t believe letter of intent was necessary. Unlike PNP this program says it is not available for residents of Quebec,

Best of luck. You never know what the government chooses to pursue. Seems very random at times. They may not say anything. Keep us posted.
Hi,

I updated it as a correspondence address but maybe because I did that it had the effect you mentioned above. I was of the understanding that I needed an Ontario address to mail the card to. I picked that up from other people who had made inland landings so I made sure to update my address beforehand and used that address while I searched for job applications, stays while interviewing for roles etc . I'll make sure to bring that up as another flag for a lawyer. While I deliberately didn't move job because I didn't want to be unemployed for any period, I did not deliberately intend to deceive anyone with a relative's address in Ontario.

Will be keep you posted.

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
Hi,

I updated it as a correspondence address but maybe because I did that it had the effect you mentioned above. I was of the understanding that I needed an Ontario address to mail the card to. I picked that up from other people who had made inland landings so I made sure to update my address beforehand and used that address while I searched for job applications, stays while interviewing for roles etc . I'll make sure to bring that up as another flag for a lawyer. While I deliberately didn't move job because I didn't want to be unemployed for any period, I did not deliberately intend to deceive anyone with a relative's address in Ontario.

Will be keep you posted.
hi @Lollo what happened next, can you help me in a related query in https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-long-can-a-cec-candidate-stay-in-quebec-after-getting-pr-in-cec-category.732897/