+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ibrahim300128

Newbie
Oct 8, 2026
2
0
Hi everyone,

I'm working on my CEC application post ITA and have two dependent children who were both born in Canada and are Canadian citizens. I have declared them as non-accompanying when I created my EE profile

I am not claiming any CRS points for them, and they are not being processed for immigration status since they are already Canadian citizens. However, the IRCC document checklist still shows the following for each child:

  • Passport/Travel Documents
  • Family Member Proof of Status
Is this normal?

A couple of questions:

  1. Has anyone else with Canadian-born Canadian-citizen children received the same "Family Member Proof of Status" request?
  2. Does this mean I may have answered a question incorrectly in the application, or is this a standard checklist item generated by IRCC?
  3. What did you upload for this document slot?
    • Child's Canadian passport?
    • Birth certificate?
    • Parents' work permit/visitor record?
    • Letter of explanation?
Also, my spouse's visitor record application has been approved, but the physical visitor record has not arrived by mail yet. For proof of status, would the IRCC approval letter be sufficient until the actual visitor record is received?

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has recently gone through this process.

Thanks!