+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC pending for decision long time, what should I do?

meji

Jul 6, 2017
AOR Received.
20-01-2017
Passport Req..
08-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2018
Hello Guys
I have been pending for decision of CEC since 2017 January. In this year i got married and my wife is a PR of Canada. So I have following options:
1) Update my marriage status of CEC application and keep waiting forever.
2) Raise another application into the Marriage sponsor immigration stream.
3) Withdraw this dead CEC application. Submit another marriage sponsorship immigration
4) Seek for a lawyer to do something base on my current application.

Which option I should go for now? Please let me know your ideas.

PS: I have acquired my latest GCMS notes and see that CIC has finished and passed my admissibility.
However, according to the GCMS note, my process is "in progress" in the security screening stage, now pending for CBSA's security screening opinion. And it's been sitting in CBSA for more than 6 months.

Last edited:

meji

Jul 6, 2017
AOR Received.
20-01-2017
Passport Req..
08-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2018
I've called them many times, always answering to me it's reasonable waiting time. Disappointed!
BTW, those agents are seemingly reading to me the information that also provided in the GCMS notes. I don't think they can delegate to accelerate the progress.

Can you call them? Seems like they forgot your application.

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
You must do #1 since you are required to update IRCC your marital status while application is in progress.

You can also do #2, since IRCC allows multiple PR applications at the same time, as long as they are under different streams.

However, since your CEC is stuck because of security screening, doing #2 will not help (since spousal sponsorship would also require you to clear security screening)..

Do NOT do #3: withdrawing your application would probably also terminate your in-progress security screening. And when SS is required for your sponsored application, you might need to start all over again?? Even that's not the case, I do not see any advantage of doing #3

Anyways, just my 2 cents. Good luck.