+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC NOC 2211 QC tech food processing

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Hi there, those working as QC tech in food processing industries, does your job duties match with noc 2211. Can you please give some guidance on this? The exact title of 2211 is chemical technologists and tech and so the duties on website are all chemical related. My position is QC tech in food processing which is one of the examples in their list of 2211. However, we do not perform any of those chemical related duties in food processing industries. Anyone who has applied through this position and could help me with the job duties? Thanks!
Also I searched the threads for this but did not find a solution. Hope to hear back soon. Thank you.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Have you looked at NOC 2221?
2221 – Biological technologists and technicians
Biological technologists and technicians provide technical support and services to scientists, engineers and other professionals working in fields such as agriculture, resource management, environmental protection, plant and animal biology, microbiology, cell and molecular biology and health sciences, or may work independently in these fields. They are employed in both laboratory and field settings by governments, manufacturers of food products, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, biotechnology companies, health, research and educational institutions, environmental consulting companies, and resource and utilities companies.

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Hi thanks for the reply. Yes I had a look now. My job title is quality control tech and it is stated as an example under 2211. With the above noc 2221 my job duty only matches with one of those provided and also there is no quality control tech in the above noc 2221 examples. So I am still confused.

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Thats what I have been thinking of doing; modifying those to suit my role. Yet it doesnt seem to help much as they mention labs and experiment stuff and I do not do any such thing. Also, I am trying to find if anyone has applied with this role. This question has been posted previously here but there has been no reply on them. Thank you so much for the response though!

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
I don't have any experience with this exact NOC, but I often have to 'modify' the main duties when I submit an application on someone's behalf. And you're not the only one who's confused. I looked at all the jobs for a food tech on the JobBank and none of them listed a NOC. And all of the job descriptions were basically cut and pastes from the NOC, leaving all of the chemical references intact. One did have a minor modification - food chemistry.