+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC-- NEED HELP FOR NEW RULE

ricoceliks

Nov 17, 2012
Hi there need help...

I been working in Canada for 5 yrs. but I just had my skill as a food service supervisor last January 2013 and my work permit expires January 2015..I check cic.gc.ca website for new CEC rule but still I cannot apply CEC even I work 12 mos. ( 1 yr. as of January 10 2014 )as food service supervisor because I cannot use my work experience as FSS (NOC 6311) to qualify for CEC...

thus anybody know any option, or do I need to wait for new rule.

pls. reply guys those who have been in my situation...

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ricoceliks said:
Hi there need help...

I been working in Canada for 5 yrs. but I just had my skill as a food service supervisor last January 2013 and my work permit expires January 2015..I check cic.gc.ca website for new CEC rule but still I cannot apply CEC even I work 12 mos. ( 1 yr. as of January 10 2014 )as food service supervisor because I cannot use my work experience as FSS (NOC 6311) to qualify for CEC...

Hi have you considered AINP under employer driven stream?

Netblizz183

Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ricoceliks,

The only option you have is the AINP-Employer Driven stream. Unfortunately, your position as a food service supervisor is no longer eligible under CEC which took effect on November 9, 2013. Cooks and FSS are the 2 common positions that are no longer part of CEC category. I was also a FSS but already applied under AWE category.

Let's just hope that there will be a new programs this year where you're eligible in your current position. Just also try to ask your employer If he's willing to put you to employer driven stream because effective April 1, 2015 all foreign workers who did not have their PR application submitted will be subject to the 4-year cumulative duration limit.

goldbank

May 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3,2014
Doc's Request.
August 1,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 3, 2014 received April 2014
LANDED..........
in Canada Sept 2012
ricoceliks said:
Hi there need help...

You could have been qualified under AINP SRS-Alberta Work Experience if you are in Alberta.
You could have applied by yourself and don't need your employer's help.
Your last recourse is the Skilled employer driven if you are in working in Alberta.
I don't know about other provinces.

ricoceliks

Nov 17, 2012
Thanks for your help guys..., but unfortunately I can't apply under employer driven stream AINP category.. I have asked Rey merindo at Mercan ltd.. I have to be a business management graduate or HRM and or that all trainings I have is related to food and restaurant business...have no idea if this true...
And it keeps me not trying to take chances under this category, because I never had any experience in restaurant settings, I just have it here in edmonton for 5 yrs. working..(burger king)..and when my employer decided to promote me so that I can apply my PR under CEC - FSS and after a year,news came.. it's not qualified according to new rule..
And it so happen that I have no college diploma...

Pls. Give me an advice, if someone ever did the employer driven stream AINP category w/o trainings or course that is not related to food industry...

My employer is willing to help...

Thanks...

goldbank

May 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3,2014
Doc's Request.
August 1,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 3, 2014 received April 2014
LANDED..........
in Canada Sept 2012
He (representative) is talking nonsense, the old requirement about the specific courses was lifted by AINP last year. With your 5-yr experience in burger king in AB and your work permit is under NOC B occupation, that is enough for you to be qualified under the skilled employer-driven category. There's no cap nor deadline for the application yet so go to Alberta immigration website and look for the requirements. You hurry up since this category might close anytime.
Good luck to you.

ricoceliks

Nov 17, 2012
thanks for the info goldbank,.. but I just have one question my work permit dosen't say NOC B but only written as Food Service Supervisor, where can I see if I am NOC B.. and also I try to write NOC 6311 in the candidate declaration form it won't work so I used the 6211 instead, do you think it's fine..

ricoceliks

Nov 17, 2012
goldbank said:
He (representative) is talking nonsense, the old requirement about the specific courses was lifted by AINP last year. With your 5-yr experience in burger king in AB and your work permit is under NOC B occupation, that is enough for you to be qualified under the skilled employer-driven category. There's no cap nor deadline for the application yet so go to Alberta immigration website and look for the requirements. You hurry up since this category might close anytime.
Good luck to you.

Gold bank thanks, you challenge me to start it( just need someone to push my button).
I am done complying with all my documents and with my employer's help too. ( some forms from employer also been complied).

still doubtful though with this, that skilled B occupations usually requires college education or apprenticeship training

but I am hoping my Education will work out just fine, as I only have high school diploma and a Transcript in my college for a year (non-college degree).

with god's help, I hope everything will work fine.

might send all documents this week.

ricoceliks

Nov 17, 2012
Netblizz183 said:
ricoceliks,

The only option you have is the AINP-Employer Driven stream. Unfortunately, your position as a food service supervisor is no longer eligible under CEC which took effect on November 9, 2013. Cooks and FSS are the 2 common positions that are no longer part of CEC category. I was also a FSS but already applied under AWE category.

Let's just hope that there will be a new programs this year where you're eligible in your current position. Just also try to ask your employer If he's willing to put you to employer driven stream because effective April 1, 2015 all foreign workers who did not have their PR application submitted will be subject to the 4-year cumulative duration limit.

Thanks Netblizz 183

ricoceliks

Nov 17, 2012
mumay fort said:
Hi have you considered AINP under employer driven stream?
I am considering it now mumaay fort.

I am done complying with all my documents and with my employer's help too. ( some forms from employer also been complied).

still doubtful though with this, that skilled B occupations usually requires college education or apprenticeship training

but I am hoping my Education will work out just fine, as I only have high school diploma and a Transcript in my college for a year (non-college degree).

with god's help, I hope everything will work fine.

might send all documents this week.

mimceb

Feb 19, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'll be joining this 2014 batch as i'm planning to lodge our application hopefully in February, just waiting for some documents....

Keep it going guys!

ricoceliks

Nov 17, 2012
mimceb said:
Hi everyone,

I'll be joining this 2014 batch as i'm planning to lodge our application hopefully in February, just waiting for some documents....

Keep it going guys!
GoodLuck to us mimceb

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
@ rico
We are on the same boat. My lawyer told me that the CEC for Food Service Supervisor may re-open on November this year when the pause for FSS may be lifted :) fingers crossed!! And I hope AINP will re-open for self nomination on our category this July

Be positive.

:)