+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Medical Requirement

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hi everyone, I am appying soon for PR under CEC as near to complete 1 yr job exp in Canada. Just gearing up for TODO's in anticipation. Below is my residence history:
Since Birth-2011: Pakistan
2011-2012:KSA
2012-2017: Italy
Since 2018: Canada
Would medical be compulsory in my case, although it was not required when I applied for WP online from Italy.
Thanks!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi everyone, I am appying soon for PR under CEC as near to complete 1 yr job exp in Canada. Just gearing up for TODO's in anticipation. Below is my residence history:
Would medical be compulsory in my case, although it was not required when I applied for WP online from Italy.
Thanks!
Medical is required by all applicant applying for PR, whether you are CEC, FSW or PNP

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Medical is required by all applicant applying for PR, whether you are CEC, FSW or PNP
Isn't it related to our stay in designated countries for certain period? If I remember correctly while applying for WP there was similar question about it which I answered NO, and resulted to:you don't need medical....now for PR it would differ?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Isn't it related to our stay in designated countries for certain period? If I remember correctly while applying for WP there was similar question about it which I answered NO, and resulted to:you don't need medical....now for PR it would differ?
Medical examination confirmation
Purpose
To assess the health of the applicant and their family members

Document requirements
  • The medical examination confirmation is required up front and must be valid at the time of application.
  • The applicant must include the immigration medical examination (IME) number in their e-APR.
  • The applicant must provide a copy of either the information printout sheet or the Upfront Medical Report form [IMM 1017B, whichever the panel physician provides upon completion of the medical examination.
  • Exceptions are made only in rare circumstances that are outside of the client’s control (e.g., cancellation of the appointment by the panel physician at the last minute without time to reschedule).
In exceptional circumstances, IRCC may accept

• proof that a medical appointment is scheduled; or
  • a letter of explanation of best efforts.
However, these are not a guarantee of acceptance.

Individuals who must submit this documentation
  • The principal applicant
  • Their spouse or common-law partner
  • Their dependent children, including non-accompanying
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s04

Reactions: jojee2k6

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Medical examination confirmation
Purpose
To assess the health of the applicant and their family members

Document requirements
  • The medical examination confirmation is required up front and must be valid at the time of application.
  • The applicant must include the immigration medical examination (IME) number in their e-APR.
  • The applicant must provide a copy of either the information printout sheet or the Upfront Medical Report form [IMM 1017B, whichever the panel physician provides upon completion of the medical examination.
  • Exceptions are made only in rare circumstances that are outside of the client’s control (e.g., cancellation of the appointment by the panel physician at the last minute without time to reschedule).
In exceptional circumstances, IRCC may accept

• proof that a medical appointment is scheduled; or
  • a letter of explanation of best efforts.
However, these are not a guarantee of acceptance.

Individuals who must submit this documentation
  • The principal applicant
  • Their spouse or common-law partner
  • Their dependent children, including non-accompanying
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s04
Thank you very much for the detailed references. Really appreciate that, so I would go for upfront medical. Two following questions:
  • What would be the best right time to go for upfront? Before ITA i suppose?
  • Any good dr. in toronto with nominal fee and would do quickly like e-medical stuff?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you very much for the detailed references. Really appreciate that, so I would go for upfront medical. Two following questions:
  • What would be the best right time to go for upfront? Before ITA i suppose?
  • Any good dr. in toronto with nominal fee and would do quickly like e-medical stuff?
-If your expecting your ITA soon you can go ahead now.. medicals are valid for 1 year
-You will have to google the panel physicians in your area and book an appointment with them

Reactions: jojee2k6

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
-If your expecting your ITA soon you can go ahead now.. medicals are valid for 1 year

Perfect, so as soon as I complete 1 yr and gain points in EE, will go for upfront medical in parallel.

-You will have to google the panel physicians in your area and book an appointment with them

Found some will contact them.
Thanks a lot!!!!

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
Thanks!
Many CEC inland applicants didnt got for medical examination, as they found themselves in their application as Medical Examination is NOT REQUESTED!

Correct me if i am wrong guys ;)

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Many CEC inland applicants didnt got for medical examination, as they found themselves in their application as Medical Examination is NOT REQUESTED!

Correct me if i am wrong guys ;)
You need to do medical around the time you get your ITA irrespective of applying under CEC, PNP, FSW

Reactions: Dhabaan

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
You need to do medical around the time you get your ITA irrespective of applying under CEC, PNP, FSW
Thanks buddy,
May i ask, is medical exam requested for kids 8 years and below? and can i do upfront Medical exam for the principle applicants and the dependents at once?

Appreciate it

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks buddy,
May i ask, is medical exam requested for kids 8 years and below? and can i do upfront Medical exam for the principle applicants and the dependents at once?

Appreciate it
Yes, medical exam is also required for kids. You can do all medicals at once.

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
Yes, medical exam is also required for kids. You can do all medicals at once.

Sorry, just read this (below) on the IRCC website? I am inland CEC applicant! still can i do upfront medical exam for my spouse and the kid?

Get your exam before you submit your application

Are you applying to sponsor your spouse, partner or child?
A new application process for the spousal sponsorship program came into effect on December 15, 2016. Spouses, partners or dependent children can no longer do an upfront medical exam. Wait for our instructions before going for your medical exam.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, just read this (below) on the IRCC website? I am inland CEC applicant! still can i do upfront medical exam for my spouse and the kid?

Get your exam before you submit your application

Are you applying to sponsor your spouse, partner or child?
A new application process for the spousal sponsorship program came into effect on December 15, 2016. Spouses, partners or dependent children can no longer do an upfront medical exam. Wait for our instructions before going for your medical exam.
That is in regards to the sponsorship program not Express Entry.