+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - MAY 2019 Applicants - Join Here

e-16

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
any update on your file ..?

i still have the same thing with sydney. "awaiting a review by an officer".
security in progress since 6 months.......
Not yet, i called CIC today and they said the responsible officer submitted a request for my medicals to be extended and is waiting on the result. My eligibility and security are passed but it only got passed after my medicals expired. So its still a waiting game for me.

e-16

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hi All:

I would first like to thank each and every individual who post all the important and viable information to keep people like informed of all the information we need to make a successful application. I have silently followed this forum and now after all this while finally got the golden email today. I am an CEC inland applicant

My Timeline was as follows:

ITA: 2nd April 2019
AOR: 1st May 2019
Med Passed: 11 June 2019
Long Silence after this and no updates.
Called CIC couple of time but same standard response your file is under process and within the stipulated time-frame
GU/ Security Check Initiated: 22nd Nov 2019
No updates after this on profile for 1 month
Called CIC every 2 weeks on Friday to get an update and got the information as follows:
Agent Informed, Eligibility is passed: 10th Dec 2019
Agent Informed, Criminality Passed: 27th Dec 2019
Agent Informed, Security passed and file in line for final review by the officer: 24th Jan 2020

Landing Interview Email Received: 29th Jan 2020

Its been long 9 months of excruciating wait and test of patience, but it does pay off. All the best everyone and stay strong through this tough phase.
Congrats!

kai77

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
hello everyone,

so after a long wait of more than 8 months i finally got my PPR yesterday at 29 th jan 2020.
Timeline
CEC applicant.
ITA 3 rd April.

Aor - 24th may 2019,
Medical passed - 4th July 2019,
ADR request - 4th July 2019.(RPRF fees request)
paid same day 4th July.
After that no updates as i called them 2 times and got the answer eligibility is progress and security in progress and criminality was passed.
two web forms submitted to Sydney vo office.
Got a reply "awaiting review of an officer". dont know why because never ordered any notes.
PPR - 29 th Jan 2020.

Thank you everyone for providing information and make these thread very useful.

Reactions: a16107

e-16

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
hello everyone,

so after a long wait of more than 8 months i finally got my PPR yesterday at 29 th jan 2020.
Timeline
CEC applicant.
ITA 3 rd April.

Aor - 24th may 2019,
Medical passed - 4th July 2019,
ADR request - 4th July 2019.(RPRF fees request)
paid same day 4th July.
After that no updates as i called them 2 times and got the answer eligibility is progress and security in progress and criminality was passed.
two web forms submitted to Sydney vo office.
Got a reply "awaiting review of an officer". dont know why because never ordered any notes.
PPR - 29 th Jan 2020.

Thank you everyone for providing information and make these thread very useful.
Congrats! Finally its your turn! Enjoy your new status!

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I applied and AOR on May 2, 2019.
Medicals passed, June 18.
On early December, I was told on the phone that Medicals, Security, Criminality and Eligibility were all passed.

Got married on December, and submitted my wife's documentation o January 15,2020. (including upfront medical and biometrics)

January 20, 2020 - - > response from IRCC saying they had received the documents.

January 29, 2020 - - > Wife's medicals passed and she has been added to my application officially.

Anyone who has added their wife after applying once everything was approved? Any idea on how long it might take processing my wife's part since everything on my side was already passed?

jinto123

Jan 30, 2020
I am An Inbound applicant processing PR application under CEC.
I got my first AOR on OCT 19 2019
Medical Passed on Nov 15 2019
Rest all in review for my online status.

I got married on jan 9 2020 and informed cic through web form.They send me an email to fill certain forms to add my wife and send the documents via postal to CPC edmonton.At the same time i made a call to CIC representative to enquire about my application status.she said my application is still in process no further documents requested by officer.i send all those files to edmonton on jan 27th 2020.still waiting for the reply.

kai77

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Congrats! Finally its your turn! Enjoy your new status!

thank you so much..... yes really after a long wait of 8 months almost lost hope but people in these forum and other places has helped me a lot in keeping calm. your turn is about to come so i got advice form someone else i would give same to you start thinking how will you celebrate because once you get it you will forget everything how you decided to celebrate.

Reactions: e-16

Samuel Furlan

Aug 16, 2018
Hey guys
received an update on my application today.
CEC - AOR May 30 2019

Got procedural of fairness for a sloppy mistake - one of my employment letters says employment length Sept 3 2018 to August 31 2018 and I didnt even notice it before :)mad:) that means they were about to make a decision :eek:
Will get a new letter ASAP and update it thru myCIC

Has anyone seen anything like that and by any chance saw how long do they take to re-review application? Hopefully since it's thru Mycic the immi officer gets instant notification and get it done.

Just wanted to share with you guys the recent update

Thanks

kai77

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Hey guys
CEC - AOR May 30 2019

Got procedural of fairness for a sloppy mistake - one of my employment letters says employment length Sept 3 2018 to August 31 2018 and I didnt even notice it before :)mad:) that means they were about to make a decision :eek:

Has anyone seen anything like that and by any chance saw how long do they take to re-review application? Hopefully since it's thru Mycic the immi officer gets instant notification and get it done.

Thanks

no need to worry it has happened to one of my know ones in 2018 and he got his pr eventually. so dont worry as long as your employment is valid it will come.....

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hey guys
CEC - AOR May 30 2019

Thanks
you are very lucky your officer give you one more chance...look carefully this time !

some of the case they just rejected application

Reactions: Samuel Furlan

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I have a question. When is the RFV letter the same as PPR?

I got it this morning (for my wife who is my dependent and lives overseas), I live in Canada?

Any thoughts?

Samuel Furlan

Aug 16, 2018
you are very lucky your officer give you one more chance...look carefully this time !

some of the case they just rejected application
Yeah, so my case when I ordered the GCMS notes nothing was noted and everything looked fine, believe the first reviewer didnt catch it.
Didnt notice that the temp company that I worked before getting my permanent position wrote in the letter that I worked from Sept 2018 to Aug 2018 lol which doesn't even make sense. That's why they might have given me a chance to resubmit recent letter. Luckily the temp agency corrected it and provided me with new letter on the same day and i have submitted it thru mycic account already.
Thanks

kai77

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
PPR: Jan 22
Passport sent: Jan 23
Passport receive: Jan 24
IRCC Profile update: Jan 25 at 10pm Est (everything approved)
Return mail activated: Jan 27
COPR received: Jan 28

What a week after PPR (why don't they work like this in the last 8 mths?)

Landing: Will go in a sunny day, probably tomorrow lol

hey is sent my passport last Friday and yesterday its delivered to ottawa.
how long it would take to get my passport back .?

and once back can i go to us and then come back after 2 3 days to do landing. i dont want to get an admin denial for landing. i have valid b1/b2 visa.
anyone's input will be appreciated.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
hey is sent my passport last Friday and yesterday its delivered to ottawa.
how long it would take to get my passport back .?

and once back can i go to us and then come back after 2 3 days to do landing. i dont want to get an admin denial for landing. i have valid b1/b2 visa.
anyone's input will be appreciated.
It depends your passport...I have visa-exempted passport so they processed my CoPR in 1 business day ....it usually takes within 1 week for others

I also have valid US visa but the officer required me to do flagpole because this is my main reason to travel ....you can plan a real trip to US for few days and then come back to land.
For me, I went to thousand island border (its empty there during winter) and I didn't want to lie I was here for sightseeing or lunch, Officer will ask you how many day you will stay, purpose of trip, where you going etc...(it just doesn't make sense for me to drive 3 hours in mid day for sightseeing at no man land lol.)

Niagara Borders are strongly not recommended for landing.

If you have a trip outside of Canada, it is good to utilize this opportunity. Otherwise, flagpole is only 15 mins job and US officer assured nothing will happen in the future. They all understand what is flagpole and your reason.

Last edited: