+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - MAY 2019 Applicants - Join Here

jhez2007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
***NEW UPDATES*** 11/06/2019

Aug 20 - invitation to apply was received

Aug 28 - resubmitted my application with letters from school confirmation being part-time and copies of my timetables. Added more documents on my work experience in Canada and foreign work experience. Submitted almost the same documents as the previous applications. Changed my NOC from 2174 to 2175 to be in line with my title.

Sep 17 - medical passed

Nov 05 - received an email around noon time and was so afraid to open my account. My heart was beating fast as I login to my account. A sigh of relief, a request letter for my passport. :)
****UPDATES 12/11/2019*****
Nov 6 - sent passport to Ottawa
Nov 7 - passport receive in Ottawa office
Nov 25 - PR status changed to approved
Nov 27 - dispatched my passport from Ottawa
Nov 28 - received my passport and COPR (around noon)
Nov 28 - in the afternoon, I went to Niagara Falls (Rainbow bridge) for landing. Arrived at 3PM but officer at the border refused to process as there are people waiting already.
Nov 28 - after the failed landing at the border, sent email to asked an appointment
Dec 02 - received by ETOBICOKE office my request for appointment
Dec 09 - follow up with ETOBICOKE office if I have a scheduled appoint but replied to me that no more available appointment for the rest of the year
Dec 11 - went to Niagara Falls (Rainbow bridge) to try landing again. arrived from US to Canadian border at 7:10 PM. Office filled the yellow paper and asked to go to the other building. An officer took my papers and asked me to sit in the waiting area. I am just removing my scarf and coat when officer called my name so I kept my coat on. He asked the same questions in the COPR which I answered back. He asked me to put my initials beside the 2 questions and signed at the bottom and date for the 2 COPR copies. He took back the COPR documents and filled some fields, signed and date. Then officer stamped my passport and return back my passport and validated COPR. It took the process for 5-10 mins max.

*** PR journey completed ****

e-16

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
AOR May 26 and still waiting............... VO is in Sydney.

My PGWP is expiring by April. If in a really bad case I won't have my PR yet by that time, is it okay to apply for BOWP like a week prior the expiration of my permit?

At first I was thinking to apply for the extension by January or Feb if I won't hear anything. But I'm undecided about it as I don't want to waste money for processing fee when all of a sudden PR will come.
I think its better you apply much earlier, if you get the PR before BOWP you can cancel your application and get your money back.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hi guys, I see many comments from people coming up to the 6 months nominal processing time.
Unfortunately for me that is now three weeks past, and the only response I get from IRCC is my application is being reviewed - same as what they said before the nominal time
Anyone else in this situation, or any advice?
I've been told by a lawyer to expect it 'any day now,' but they also said there's no guarantee I'll hear from them in the next three months either,,,
If your case allocated to Sydney VO then congraz... welcome to the family lol

we are all in same boat and should expect some movement in January earliest

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
The same situation guys. I haven't a hope, I am very annoyed and upset. AOP 21 May. VO is in Sydney.
Some people have got PPR from July AOR
I am May 21st VO Sydney too

I am pretty sure Sydney will work on May's case in January 2020. They are working on March and April right now and many Sydney ppl received PPR and GU recently

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
AOR May 26 and still waiting............... VO is in Sydney.

My PGWP is expiring by April. If in a really bad case I won't have my PR yet by that time, is it okay to apply for BOWP like a week prior the expiration of my permit?

At first I was thinking to apply for the extension by January or Feb if I won't hear anything. But I'm undecided about it as I don't want to waste money for processing fee when all of a sudden PR will come.
You can apply BOWP even a day before it expires....wait after March and i am pretty sure we are all PR already at that time

caneng

Dec 11, 2019
If your case allocated to Sydney VO then congraz... welcome to the family lol

we are all in same boat and should expect some movement in January earliest
Thanks, I'm not sure my VO. My lawyers have handled it so far, but they wont tell me anything more than they have requested a status update and are waiting....
Just googled Sydney and it's in NS, I would have assumed Montreal VO for me as that is where my lawyers are based? Anyone not form Sydney VO having similar issue?

jhez2007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Thanks, I'm not sure my VO. My lawyers have handled it so far, but they wont tell me anything more than they have requested a status update and are waiting....
Just googled Sydney and it's in NS, I would have assumed Montreal VO for me as that is where my lawyers are based? Anyone not form Sydney VO having similar issue?
You can call the CIC contact center to ask them. Dont rely so much with your lawyer.

caneng

Dec 11, 2019
You can call the CIC contact center to ask them. Dont rely so much with your lawyer.
Thanks, I just did some reading about VO and therefor assume im Sydney as well. I guess good news is im not the only one - now its just a matter of patience, rather than stressing there's something wrong.

Wish I could contact directly, but when I looked online about logging in/getting application details I needed a certain number (application/account no.) that I don't have! :eek: Will have to call the lawyers again on Monday

jhez2007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Thanks, I just did some reading about VO and therefor assume im Sydney as well. I guess good news is im not the only one - now its just a matter of patience, rather than stressing there's something wrong.

Wish I could contact directly, but when I looked online about logging in/getting application details I needed a certain number (application/account no.) that I don't have! :eek: Will have to call the lawyers again on Monday
Your lawyer must provider you an application number to proved that they submitted your file so they can get another payment from you.. lol.. so how do you know your file in process?

caneng

Dec 11, 2019
Your lawyer must provider you an application number to proved that they submitted your file so they can get another payment from you.. lol.. so how do you know your file in process?
Because I'm not the one paying them :) and they gave me their own form stating application date - it seems they really don't want me to talk to IRCC.

Normally this would be to make the process as smooth as possible without giving me any details - I was happy to go along until the date they told me it would be resolved by has passed. Well, that and I cant take the promotion I want until I get my PR

Sureshmanokar

Oct 23, 2019
Any applicants received PPR after 6 months completion? AOR May 20 and 207 days over now. Waiting for PPR and GCMS notes says that review required for some docs.