+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Letters Required

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hi All,

I recently received an ITA from CEC stream. But when uploading documents the profile is asking for 3 types of following docs from the employer,

1) Offer of Employment
2) Employment Records
3) Letter of Employment

I have a letter from the HR about my Title, NOC code, Salary, Benefits, Duties, etc

But what and which documents I should upload above?

please help.

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
Hi All,

I recently received an ITA from CEC stream. But when uploading documents the profile is asking for 3 types of following docs from the employer,

1) Offer of Employment
2) Employment Records
3) Letter of Employment

I have a letter from the HR about my Title, NOC code, Salary, Benefits, Duties, etc

please help.
All you need is reference letter from your manager or HR.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#:~:text=At the completeness check, the,application is placed into processing.
Go through this link, which will show you what documents you need, how you need them. If you don't have exactly what they asked for in this link, your application can be rejected as incomplete. So follow this link, specially work for your question here. It shows what your reference letter must contain and since you are a CEC candidate, you can also add in T4 slips.

Reactions: Uvr

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
All you need is reference letter from your manager or HR.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#:~:text=At the completeness check, the,application is placed into processing.
Go through this link, which will show you what documents you need, how you need them. If you don't have exactly what they asked for in this link, your application can be rejected as incomplete. So follow this link, specially work for your question here. It shows what your reference letter must contain and since you are a CEC candidate, you can also add in T4 slips.
Thank you for your reply.
So can I upload the same letter for all three locations above with the T4 and NOA?

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
Thank you for your reply.
So can I upload the same letter for all three locations above with the T4 and NOA?
follow what the Canada's website say. Not what I say. Read about work experience proof in the link mentioned. Also if you are asked for those three, then upload those there's nothing wrong. since they asked you about offer letter, I am assuming you have LMIA job, so yeah upload what they ask you to.

kaur4917

Star Member
Jun 1, 2020
Hi All,

1) Offer of Employment
2) Employment Records
3) Letter of Employment

please help.
Hi, I also got CEC ITA, but I have only one portal - employment records. Do you have LMIA JOB offer?

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
According to my understanding “Offer of Employment” is for people who has a LMIA
Since you have an LMIA letter, you are asked to upload that. mostly people have to only upload reference letter and that's mandatory. Other documents like t4 slips, you can upload but even if you do not, they cannot reject your application as stated in the website. What's mentioned in the website is a must. So I would advise you to read everything.

update: Sorry, thought you had LMIA.

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Since you have an LMIA letter, you are asked to upload that. mostly people have to only upload reference letter and that's mandatory. Other documents like t4 slips, you can upload but even if you do not, they cannot reject your application as stated in the website. What's mentioned in the website is a must. So I would advise you to read everything.
I don’t have a LMIA

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
Check your score breakdown. May be you answered yes in Do you have job offer question? and you are awarded points for LMIA Job offer
Haha. If he did that and got ITA, then sure score will go down and he wouldn't be eligible. But good catch on that one.