+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Landing Interview (Etobicoke)- no PPR

yuaki123

Oct 23, 2018
Hello,
I just received a notice for a landing-interview tomorrow at Etobicoke. I never received any other notice prior to this email (namely no request for Passport)
My case is pretty straight forward, I finished University and worked for 1 year (35hours/week, NOC B, paying by hours), No dependent, just myself.
In the email it said landing interview. In the letter that attached it says: Processing of your application for PR will be finalized at the interview.

1) Should I be treating this as a landing interview? Or another type of interview?
2) Is it uncommon to be asked to come in for the interview with no request for passport? Is it because they still have some questions regarding my application that they want to clarify?
3) I actually work for an Immigration company that help clients with immigration paperwork, does it have any affect?
3) If anyone have experienced similar situation, can you please share your experience and what kinds of questions they asked or would normally ask, so I know what to expect?

Reactions: gcastrobh

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
that's okay!
some CEC do get landing interviews.. they ask normal questions so do not worry about it.
as every case is different and so is the file, sometimes they give you decision right away, sometimes they take time.

a-imperator

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Congratulations. Don't worry it is very common to get asked for an interview without a PPR email. This interview is where you will get your PR approved probably. They will just ask you the three famous questions and you are set.

If you don't mind can you share your timeline? AOR?

vyper1

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29/12/2018
Hello,
I just received a notice for a landing-interview tomorrow at Etobicoke. I never received any other notice prior to this email (namely no request for Passport)
My case is pretty straight forward, I finished University and worked for 1 year (35hours/week, NOC B, paying by hours), No dependent, just myself.
In the email it said landing interview. In the letter that attached it says: Processing of your application for PR will be finalized at the interview.

1) Should I be treating this as a landing interview? Or another type of interview?
2) Is it uncommon to be asked to come in for the interview with no request for passport? Is it because they still have some questions regarding my application that they want to clarify?
3) I actually work for an Immigration company that help clients with immigration paperwork, does it have any affect?
3) If anyone have experienced similar situation, can you please share your experience and what kinds of questions they asked or would normally ask, so I know what to expect?
You will become a permanent resident at this interview. I think they have just started to do this method for some CEC's. My interview was on the 9th of July in Etobicoke. Appointment time was at 2, we got there, took a number from the front desk and waiting around 20 minutes for the number to pop up on screen.

We then spoke to the officer who just took the required docs that they request in the email, and asked a few confirming questions like if we have any dependents we haven't mentioned in the application, have we ever been arrested and 1 more that I can't remember(nothing to worry over). They will also confirm the address that you want the pr card to be sent to. He then printed the COPR and we signed one copy and received another to take with us, then received a congratulations.

There is a service Canada in the same building, so you can go get you SIN changed immediately. After that, there is a service Ontario about 5 mins away that you can go to as well to change your health card. All in all, you should be elated! This is finally it!

vyper1

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29/12/2018
Also got our pr cards about a week and a half later. Processing times are a lot shorter now it seems.

yuaki123

Oct 23, 2018
Thank you everyone for your inputs! I finished my landing interview today. So this is an update for references to anyone who need.
My appointment was at 2pm, I went there at 1:30 and waited around almost 2 hours for my number to pop up.
After showing the officer the required docs, I was asked three questions:
1) If I have any dependents
2) Have I been convicted of any crimes
3) If I have been refused entry to Canada.
Then I gave them a photo for the PR card, I signed the confirmation of PR, kept one of the copy and I am officially PR starting today.
It was around 10 mins in total.

My timeline:
-Submitted my EE profile for drawing around beginning of March 2019
-Received Invitation a week after (my score was quite high for the minimum score at that time)
-Submitted my full document package on March 26, 2019
-Got notice saying that my medical was cleared on May 11, 2019
-Received Landing Interview notice on August 9, 2019
-Became PR on August 15, 2019.

Hope this help anyone who is going to have their landing interview soon!

paramgill

Apr 17, 2021
Congratulations. Don't worry it is very common to get asked for an interview without a PPR email. This interview is where you will get your PR approved probably. They will just ask you the three famous questions and you are set.

If you don't mind can you share your timeline? AOR?
which questions?