+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC- JULY 2022, APPLICATION: IN PROGRESS (SECURITY CHECK)

huiqin

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
I had asked my employer to include salary in the letter and even provided the format, The used the format but somehow they missed the salary part and my mistake that I didn't double check it when I got it from them.
So I didn't attach the paystubs or anything for salary.
Yes, I was also thinking my eligibility was passed, because an IRCC agent said so. Also I got the BOWP, which kind of means my PR application was in a good position for approval.
But the officer decided to rejection, I wonder why he didn't bother with a additional document request or even a procedural fairness letter.
Sorry to hear this... Tracker is delayed but more accurate. Does it says "Eligibility" complete or in progress? maybe contact a lawyer and see if they can help

hello2020

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
I had asked my employer to include salary in the letter and even provided the format, The used the format but somehow they missed the salary part and my mistake that I didn't double check it when I got it from them.
So I didn't attach the paystubs or anything for salary.
Yes, I was also thinking my eligibility was passed, because an IRCC agent said so. Also I got the BOWP, which kind of means my PR application was in a good position for approval.
But the officer decided to rejection, I wonder why he didn't bother with a additional document request or even a procedural fairness letter.
In another thread you mentioned that the tracker was showing your Eligibility in progress, so it was never passed as it was undergoing review. It is so unfortunate, but nothing you can do but just go back to the pool and reapply with the correct letter.

athi_prakash

Star Member
Aug 29, 2022
Sorry to confuse everybody.
In tracker my eligibility showed in progress and background was complete.
IRCC agent said eligibility completed and security/criminality in progress with CBSA. That is why I though my application is pennding at security.

The rejection seems to be real mistake from my side, I didn't double check the employment letter and the missing salary info. Just a little bothered that officer didn't ask for additional document and just rejected after 7 months of waiting.

Hope none of you will have made a mistake like me, so don't worry.

Fakename01

Jul 28, 2022
Sad news for me, received rejection on my PR application today.
Reason for the rejection is that my foreign employment letter didn't mention the salary. I am gonna try to appeal and hope for the best.
Below is the reason provided,

Upon review of your application and submission including your letter of employment, I am not satisfied that you possess the foreign work experience as declared. More specifically, I find that there is insufficient evidence on file to satisfy me on a balance of probabilities that you have been remunerated by the payment of wages or a commission for your declared foreign work experience

Good luck everyone.
:(

Fakename01

Jul 28, 2022
IRCC agent said eligibility completed and security/criminality in progress with CBSA. That is why I though my application is pennding at security.

The rejection seems to be real mistake from my side, I didn't double check the employment letter and the missing salary info. Just a little bothered that officer didn't ask for additional document and just rejected after 7 months of waiting.

Hi athi_prakash,

Sorry to hear that. In my opinion, consult a decent lawyer and act on it quickly. Hopefully you’ll get it.

Regards

Takita

May 12, 2021

Did you get latest CBSA notes. Did eligibility recommend passed 7months back and Security started 2months back and now officer reviewed your file for Eligibility and rejected? Timeline looks so long for Eligibility recommend passed to officer review for final pass and mean while security started which isn't usually the case as security starts after eligibility especially when it's recommend passed.

jvcaunin

Feb 23, 2016
What if 3 of my companies in my home country disbanded and couldn't provide an employment letter and declared 3 of them. Meanwhile, the longest foreign work experience I had provided a complete employment letter with benefits and salary. I included a letter on Client Information for the 3 companies I worked with that disbanded.

philoxy4

Feb 13, 2023
Please what is the purpose of knowing my VO, does it make any difference to my application process. I am confused that is why I am asking haha.

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Please what is the purpose of knowing my VO, does it make any difference to my application process. I am confused that is why I am asking haha.
Yep! Knowing your VO will give you a brief idea of what has happened with your application.
I used to think that there might be something wrong with my application because I haven't got any updates since Jan 31. I got to know about my VO (Kitchener) and turned out that a bunch of us with this VO don't have any updates since Jan 31 (or Jan 27).

philoxy4

Feb 13, 2023
Yep! Knowing your VO will give you a brief idea of what has happened with your application.
I used to think that there might be something wrong with my application because I haven't got any updates since Jan 31. I got to know about my VO (Kitchener) and turned out that a bunch of us with this VO don't have any updates since Jan 31 (or Jan 27).
Your response is very helpful. Thank you!
Do I just call IRCC call center and ask for my VO or how exactly will i go about getting this information.

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Your response is very helpful. Thank you!
Do I just call IRCC call center and ask for my VO or how exactly will i go about getting this information.
Yep! Call IRCC at +1 (888) 242-2100 then press 2-1-2-0 (wait between the options) to try to reach them. Then ask them about your application status: Your Primary Visa Office (PVO) and Secondary Visa Office (SVO), Eligibility, Background check, etc. Within Background check, we have Security, Criminality, Info Sharing. Ask them about all this or they will just straight up talk to you about these.

Reactions: philoxy4

Fakename01

Jul 28, 2022
ITA: July, 2022
AOR: July, 2022
Medical Passed: October, 2022
Biometric: October, 2022
Eligibility: November, 2022

Background Check: In Progress
Security Check in Progress: Since last week of January, 2023

(Updated: February, 2023)

VO1: Vancouver
VO2: Etobicoke
Hi,

Contacted IRCC today for an update, file is at security. Everything else on my file looks good. Hopefully I’ll receive a response soon.

Regards

philoxy4

Feb 13, 2023
Yep! Call IRCC at +1 (888) 242-2100 then press 2-1-2-0 (wait between the options) to try to reach them. Then ask them about your application status: Your Primary Visa Office (PVO) and Secondary Visa Office (SVO), Eligibility, Background check, etc. Within Background check, we have Security, Criminality, Info Sharing. Ask them about all this or they will just straight up talk to you about these.
thank you again. I called IRCC and Eligibility, background are all in progress.
PVO: Agriculture and food Canada
SVO: kitchener

does anyone had their VO as Agriculture and food Canada?