+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC- JULY 2022, APPLICATION: IN PROGRESS (SECURITY CHECK)

athi_prakash

Star Member
Aug 29, 2022
Received a GU on 27th Jan. Called IRCC on Feb first week and they everything is nearly done except security and I can expect the mail in few days.
I don't know if it's comprehensive security scanning. Never worked military or govt job. Just a software engineer, but have worked in India, Ghana, Nigeria and US. I spoke to a immigration lawyer and he assured me that software engg work in these countries shouldn't be a reason for comprehensive security.

Takita

May 12, 2021
Received a GU on 27th Jan. Called IRCC on Feb first week and they everything is nearly done except security and I can expect the mail in few days.
I don't know if it's comprehensive security scanning. Never worked military or govt job. Just a software engineer, but have worked in India, Ghana, Nigeria and US. I spoke to a immigration lawyer and he assured me that software engg work in these countries shouldn't be a reason for comprehensive security.
did you order cbsa notes? what is security status in notes?

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
That GU on that day makes it feel like your VO is either Vancouver or Kitchener.

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
I am a Vancouver resident, so probably was Vancouver I guess. But I called IRCC again on March 1st week and was informed that my primary VO is Edmonton.
It doesn't matter where you reside. The VO is assigned for you randomly (imo). I am residing in Toronto and my VO is Vancouver. Later on, it's Kitchener.

athi_prakash

Star Member
Aug 29, 2022
Sad news for me, received rejection on my PR application today.
Reason for the rejection is that my foreign employment letter didn't mention the salary. I am gonna try to appeal and hope for the best.
Below is the reason provided,

Upon review of your application and submission including your letter of employment, I am not satisfied that you possess the foreign work experience as declared. More specifically, I find that there is insufficient evidence on file to satisfy me on a balance of probabilities that you have been remunerated by the payment of wages or a commission for your declared foreign work experience

Good luck everyone.

agentorange_

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
AOR Received.
25-11-2022
Reason for the rejection is that my foreign employment letter didn't mention the salary. I am gonna try to appeal and hope for the best.

Upon review of your application and submission including your letter of employment, I am not satisfied that you possess the foreign work experience as declared. More specifically, I find that there is insufficient evidence on file to satisfy me on a balance of probabilities that you have been remunerated by the payment of wages or a commission for your declared foreign work experience

Good luck everyone.
I can't believe they made you wait for so long only to reject you. This sucks. Hope you can find a way around this :(

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022

Good luck everyone.
I'm so sorry! Did you attach anything (paystubs, bank statement) to show it at all? Of just Letter of Employment without mentioning the salary?

huiqin

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021

Good luck everyone.
Did you pass the eligibility already, and only security is in progress? it sounds like a eligibility problem not about security

Reactions: novemberrain

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022

Good luck everyone.
But that is so weird as Eligibility was passed (and your employment was under this section) =|

athi_prakash

Star Member
Aug 29, 2022
I had asked my employer to include salary in the letter and even provided the format, The used the format but somehow they missed the salary part and my mistake that I didn't double check it when I got it from them.
So I didn't attach the paystubs or anything for salary.
Yes, I was also thinking my eligibility was passed, because an IRCC agent said so. Also I got the BOWP, which kind of means my PR application was in a good position for approval.
But the officer decided to rejection, I wonder why he didn't bother with a additional document request or even a procedural fairness letter.

• Sad
Reactions: novemberrain