+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC- JULY 2022, APPLICATION: IN PROGRESS (SECURITY CHECK)

athi_prakash

Star Member
Aug 29, 2022
I am in the same pool too, everything completed on Jan 27th except security/criminality. One agent said security, another said criminality. But I understood from both that it is pending at CBSA. From Feb first week, I have been getting same answer, it is in the last stage and just few more days.
Do you guys have any complex travel history?

Fakename01

Jul 28, 2022
I am in the same pool too, everything completed on Jan 27th except security/criminality. One agent said security, another said criminality. But I understood from both that it is pending at CBSA. From Feb first week, I have been getting same answer, it is in the last stage and just few more days.
Do you guys have any complex travel history?
Hi Athi Prakash,

Not Really, I’ve made several day trips to the States.

Thanks

athi_prakash

Star Member
Aug 29, 2022
I think days trips to States shouldn't be a problem.
I have complex travel history, so was just trying to figure out if that is common point in our profiles causing the delay from CBSA.

Fakename01

Jul 28, 2022
I think days trips to States shouldn't be a problem.
I have complex travel history, so was just trying to figure out if that is common point in our profiles causing the delay from CBSA.
Hi,

Did you apply for the notes yet from CBSA ?

Thanks

Takita

May 12, 2021
CSIS confirmed completed security request and sent back results to cbsa on same day 6 Feb. not sure what's pending.

Does cbsa do comprehensive SS or does cbsa order screening again at a later date after record check done in 6 Feb?

Fakename01

Jul 28, 2022
Hi Takita,

How can we get information from CSIS regarding completion of security check ?

I don’t think CBSA does comprehensive security screening. Never read about it anywhere.

Thanks

athi_prakash

Star Member
Aug 29, 2022
CSIS confirmed completed security request and sent back results to cbsa on same day 6 Feb. not sure what's pending.

Does cbsa do comprehensive SS or does cbsa order screening again at a later date after record check done in 6 Feb?
Did you get this info from CBSA notes or CSIS notes? How many days did it take to receive?

athi_prakash

Star Member
Aug 29, 2022
CSIS not yet received paper copy via mail. Agent confirmed on phone.
Did you make the CSIS request through an agent? or do you mean you called IRCC agent?
I have applied CBSA and GCMS. Currently applying CSIS. Called IRCC and was informed that my application is also in security screening since first week of Feb.

Takita

May 12, 2021
Did you make the CSIS request through an agent? or do you mean you called IRCC agent?
I have applied CBSA and GCMS. Currently applying CSIS. Called IRCC and was informed that my application is also in security screening since first week of Feb.
I made request myself online.

Any ADR? Your Full Timeline?

athi_prakash

Star Member
Aug 29, 2022
I made request myself online.

Any ADR? Your Full Timeline?
ADR for below on Oct 12.
Release of Information IMM5475: A signed and completed Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual form (IMM5475) bearing original signatures.

I am still confused as to why, I was asked to sumbit release personal information form because I didn't want to release it to anyone.
Anyway, since they asked I filled one with my wife as my representative and sent it. On Oct 17th, the ADR status changed to "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.". It has been that way since then.

Takita

May 12, 2021
ADR for below on Oct 12.
Release of Information IMM5475: A signed and completed Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual form (IMM5475) bearing original signatures.

I am still confused as to why, I was asked to sumbit release personal information form because I didn't want to release it to anyone.
Anyway, since they asked I filled one with my wife as my representative and sent it. On Oct 17th, the ADR status changed to "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.". It has been that way since then.
how did you know Security started on 27 Jan? did you know if it's Comprehensive security screening? Any indicators like military, govt job, CoB, occupation, etc.,??