+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC- JULY 2022, APPLICATION: IN PROGRESS (SECURITY CHECK)

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
ITA: July, 2022
AOR: July, 2022
Medical Passed: October, 2022
Biometric: October, 2022
Eligibility: November, 2022

Background Check: In Progress
Security Check in Progress: Since last week of January, 2023

(Updated: February, 2023)

VO1: Vancouver
VO2: Etobicoke
Hey, when did you apply for your PR under what class?

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
Hi Takita,

IRCC Client Support told me that my file is at last stage, security check in progress. IRCC also told me that everything else is clear and they don’t need anything. In the new tracker everything is complete except Background Check (In Progress). I have been on this stage since last week of January.
Hey, have you heard anything from them?

FieldZhang

Jun 13, 2023
Hello, is there anybody could help explaining the exact meaning "security check is not started". I submitted the PR application in Jan 2023 through PNP express entry stream. Today, I reached a agent of IRCC to check my application status, he told me that my eligibility and criminality check were passed, but security check is not started.
Does everyone have to go through a security check which will lasts for many months or even many years? Does "security check is not started" means "I have been subjected to a security check, it just hasn't started yet" ? Thank you in advance.

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
Hello, is there anybody could help explaining the exact meaning "security check is not started". I submitted the PR application in Jan 2023 through PNP express entry stream. Today, I reached a agent of IRCC to check my application status, he told me that my eligibility and criminality check were passed, but security check is not started.
Does everyone have to go through a security check which will lasts for many months or even many years? Does "security check is not started" means "I have been subjected to a security check, it just hasn't started yet" ? Thank you in advance.
It just doesn’t make sense because security is the same thing with criminality check.

xueshen0607

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Security means they are checking if it’s safe to let you live in Canada which means they will check your criminality and all that. Same thing buddy
Buddy, background check consists 3 parts: info sharing, criminality and security check. They are independent processes. You can say security check may incorporate the information from the other two parts, but security check covers more data points than criminality and info sharing. Hope it clarified

Reactions: novemberrain

A78945612

Star Member
Feb 15, 2023
Hi brb2288,

No, I have not applied for gcms notes.

I have been calling IRCC since second week of January, 2023. I am in touch with the client support centre since then getting weekly updates about my application. Since last week of January 2023, the agent confirmed that it is at Security Check.

Current Status as of last week of February, 2023, it’s at Security Check. Everything is clear and application is at the last stage as per IRCC.
Hi i got the same update as you. have you passed security check?

Fakename01

Jul 28, 2022
ITA: July, 2022
AOR: July, 2022
Medical Passed: October, 2022
Biometric: October, 2022
Eligibility: November, 2022

Background Check: In Progress
Security Check in Progress: Since last week of January, 2023

(Updated: February, 2023)

VO1: Vancouver
VO2: Etobicoke
Hello Everyone,

My Security is still in progress. Ordered several GCMS notes (no changes), Contacted MP (got response but not helpful with security), Contacted IRCC (no help), Still in Progress.

Regards

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
Hello Everyone,

My Security is still in progress. Ordered several GCMS notes (no changes), Contacted MP (got response but not helpful with security), Contacted IRCC (no help), Still in Progress.

Regards
Have you ordered GCMS note from CBSA? It could reveal a bit more information there..

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Hello Everyone,

Regards
More than a year for you already :"(

Have you ordered GCMS note from CBSA? It could reveal a bit more information there..
I once ordered both from IRCC and CBSA and the information was the same; however, the format of IRCC was much clearer haha