+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** CEC - JULY 2021 - APPLICANTS TIMELINE ***

jettiemeister

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Hi there
Hey!

I've seen many of your posts, and all of them have been very thoughtful and sincere. I really appreciate your intentions to calm our ire down (I agree that few folks are getting a bit too acrimonious with their complaints), but I respectfully disagree with some of the things you've said here. I'll try my best to address my objection, however flimsy it might be. Long post incoming:

"Also, if your application has been in process for less than 6 months, why are you stressing so much?"
--> The reason behind many of our criticism towards IRCC isn't just about their speed of efficiency, but it's more about the lack of transparency and equity on their processing behalf. This is the point that myself and a user @Rahulkhurana22 talked about, albeit briefly, in this very thread.

Indeed you are very right. Express Entry processing generally takes 6 months, but lately we've seen a plethora of applicants from this year who got their PR approved within the span of just 3 months or even less - including YOU I might add - while there are many of us with earlier submission dates who are taking 5-6 months or even more. I think it is perfectly reasonable to question the fairness of the procedure when there is such blatant inconsistency when it comes to immigration. Why are some people, who submitted their files and have all the records and should have the equal right to be assessed at the same pace as others, are getting the short/long end of the stick for no reason? Many people worked hard to get this far, and the inequity is making the whole PR process feel like a really lousy lottery. If you get VOs who get your file done quick, great! If not, tough.

I know it sounds dramatic, but getting a Permanent Residence is a serious matter for anybody's lives as this would change where and how will they live their lives in Canada forever. Plus, you have to take into account of the fact that some people might not have 6 months to wait, due to emergency travels due to family issues or something, some constitutional laws from their home country (if you're from Korea, Taiwan, Turkey, or elsewhere and you're a dude, then there's an age limit as to how long you can stay overseas before getting dragged into compulsory military service), and other extenuating circumstances. It doesn't really help that the online account system really doesn't tell you much about the stages of the application until AFTER you get your CoPR, which is lord knows when.

The thing is that we can deal with the long wait if we know why; and that's the frustrating part. We are not given the reason behind why some applicants are getting unfair treatment. We don't know if our profile is complex, or we are missing something, or if some information is made obfuscated, or what. We don't get updates. So we sit here, waiting when our stuff is going to get done, not knowing why some are getting theirs so quickly while we have to wait without an actual timeframe, while the aforementioned circumstances making us anxious because getting that PR might be the only leverage/advantage we have to overcome our impending obstacles.

How do we know if our application really is in progress, or if the agent/office has relegated it to the backlog of other neglected applications after being opened? You say it's "just a matter of time and priorities," but we all have different level or urgency to our applications, so the matter of time might be a serious issue to some. Also, it almost comes across to me that you are implying that people who got their application processed earlier than others (including you) have higher priority than others while the rest of us aren't... Whose and what standards on which do we determine such arbitrary order? Of course, I'm not saying IRCC has to care for all of our individual plights and situations, because that would just be acting like an entitled person, but this is why the lack of transparency and fairness really rubbing us the wrong way.

"Also, what is up with "let's do something, let's start a petition". Honestly this sounds really funny."
--> With all due respect, what's the alternative then? Just sit and suck our thumbs? Any one of us has the right to voice our discontent with the inefficiency of an arguably broken system. Blind apathy and acquiescence will not yield change or improvement. If we are just to "suck it up and deal with it," then we'll just stick with the status quo. At least by doing this, especially with the new Immigration Minister in office, we can raise awareness. You can disagree with the agenda of such protests or petition by any means, but I don't see how this is a funny issue when so many people are deprived of having a fair shot at PR when we all paid the same fee, submitted the same documents, and complied with all the requirements thus far.

Also, I checked that Change.org website. The petition is calm and rational, with no vitriols and insults hurled at the government or anything. As long as they are being civil and reasonable with their protests, I'd say what's not to exist? The petition itself also talks about the "transparency" aspect - the REAL part of the problem that is overlooked - of IRCC along with the issue of responsiveness.

"And please do not compare yourself with Afghan refugees. They are not as lucky as you even if you think otherwise. Be compassionate and most of all, patient."
--> This I have nothing to object to because you're absolutely right. Though I don't see most people in this thread (at least from what I saw) are not directly juxtaposing themselves to Afghan refugees or making any disdainful comments about them and their plight, I agree that we should understand that our situations, while frustrating, should not be projected to people who literally had to abandon their homes because of persecution and war. Thank you for this reminder not to be toxic.

That's all I've got to say. I do see where you're coming from, I really do. I think some people's complaints are getting a bit too vituperative, while some people just spam such low-effort comments like "anyone have updates" that does very little to produce healthy discussion and only further agitate the irritated applicants. That being said, I still believe the reason behind such vehement clamor from many of us is not as simple as "you guys are just whiny and impatient." As far as I can tell, the bungling of IRCC has been a bane for many immigrants predating COVID for sure. There are myriads of issues going on with the IRCC, and I genuinely think our criticisms are warranted.

I and the many users here will try to make sure our discussions remain constructive and insightful rather than just being nasty or childish. Congratu;ations for your PR approval and thanks for always lending us your thoughts! Cheers.
Hi there,
First of all, thank you for being civil and responding in a respectful manner. I appreciate that.

I agree with you that the “unknown” can be unsettling andfrustrating especially whensome applicants are getting approval within 3 months. I did know of this issue but i may not have thought about it harder so i stand corrected. Thank you for pointing that out.

To your point of being unfair, I believe that every applicant that has a proper file (correct documentation) will get their pr because they are prioritizing inland applicants to help with te economic recovery.

I thank you again for the response and wish you all the best!

jettiemeister

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
I don't think he/she was being immature. What's so immature about saying "we need to stay level-headed and calm?" I just think he/she might have not thought about the nuance behind our discontent thoroughly.

Besides, even if this person is being immature, what does my verbose response have to do with you exactly?

I know this is the internet and all, but I still like to have a healthy, long, thought-provoking conversation. To each their own.
Thanks for your response to this user who has brandished me as immature. The internet is a funny place and its very easy to bully someome and make judgements. I wish them the best as well.

Aman heer

Jan 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-07-2021
Doc's Request.
Biometric
AOR Received.
29-07-2021
Med's Request
06-09-2021
Med's Done....
17-5-2021
LANDED..........
15-06-2018
Anybody got approval this weekend?
My AOR 29 july 2021

still waiting, no update after biometric 7 sep 2021
Even biometric says we have bot received your biometric, though my biometric is updated under profile

Reactions: COOKINGED
D

Deleted member 1061270

Anybody got approval this weekend?
My AOR 29 july 2021

still waiting, no update after biometric 7 sep 2021
Even biometric says we have bot received your biometric, though my biometric is updated under profile
If the thread is quiet, then chances are that nobody got updates. I know I didn’t.

I say keep calm and wait for now. Some week we get a lot of approvals, and some week the progress is slow.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Anyone got a GU without email yesterday or saw it today?

Reactions: COOKINGED
D

Deleted member 1061270

Sorry what is ghost update
A ghost update is an update in your CIC account saying “ Application/profile updated“ but once you click on it, you see that there isn’t much actual update on the progress of your application.

it’s usually an indication that someone in IRCC has opened your file to review or check some details, but you cannot see what exactly they’re working on. Many people here take it as a good sign, because that means their application is actually being worked on by someone, but some people get their PR approved without many GUs. I found a link that might help you with the glossaries:https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-stages-what-they-mean-mep-ip1-ip2-ghost-update-version-2019.612656/

By the way, I don’t know if you’re new to this thing or not, but I’ve noticed that you’ve been asking a lot of questions regarding basic terms about the whole immigration process in this thread. I hate to say this but this form is for July 2021 CEC and most people in this thread already know stuff like this ages ago.

I don’t want to be mean or condescending just because you don’t know what others know, but instead of asking questions about broad terms in this topic-specific thread, please have the decency to do minimum research for whatever terms you don’t know, by using search tool in this very forum (you’ll get your answer pretty soon), or better yet, just Google it (like I did for you above). I’m asking you to at least try a bit harder to get your information on your own rather than just asking around and hoping someone would answer, especially for a subject that is so broad and simple as a ghost update. It’s just a Google search. Such courtesy shouldn’t be hard thing to do.

Thank you and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pariya

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
A ghost update is an update in your CIC account saying “ Application/profile updated“ but once you click on it, you see that there isn’t much actual update on the progress of your application.

it’s usually an indication that someone in IRCC has opened your file to review or check some details, but you cannot see what exactly they’re working on. Many people here take it as a good sign, because that means their application is actually being worked on by someone, but some people get their PR approved without many GUs. I found a link that might help you with the glossaries:https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-stages-what-they-mean-mep-ip1-ip2-ghost-update-version-2019.612656/

By the way, I don’t know if you’re new to this thing or not, but I’ve noticed that you’ve been asking a lot of questions regarding basic terms about the whole immigration process in this thread. I don’t wanna say this but this form is for July 2021 CEC and most people in this thread already know their stuff.

I don’t want to be mean or condescending just because you don’t know what others know, but instead of asking questions about broad terms in this topic-specific thread, please have the decency to do minimum research for whatever terms you don’t know, by using search tool in this very forum (you’ll get your answer pretty soon), or better yet, just Google it (like I did for you above). I’m asking you to at least try a bit harder to get your information on your own rather than just asking around and hoping someone would answer, especially for a subject that is so broad and simple as a ghost update. It’s just a Google search. Such courtesy shouldn’t be hard thing to do.

Thank you and good luck!
No need to answer, as I am here for a long time I can see how rude is your answer to members. You can be quiet if you don't want to answer. Some members answer me as always so kind and nice.