+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Job offer, salary check Richmond, BC

MrObvious

Dec 9, 2014
Good day,

To evaluate a CEC job offer: what would be considered a 'livable' salary for a family of 4 (1 breadwinner + 2 kids under four), considering actual costs of living. Area of residence Richmond, BC.?

(I know NOC provides the salary ranges for the position but I'd like to cross check the feasibility of living off the salary. E.g. the minimum needed in the aforementioned situation)

Thanks for your help!

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
MrObvious said:
Good day,

To evaluate a CEC job offer: what would be considered a 'livable' salary for a family of 4 (1 breadwinner + 2 kids under four), considering actual costs of living. Area of residence Richmond, BC.?

(I know NOC provides the salary ranges for the position but I'd like to cross check the feasibility of living off the salary. E.g. the minimum needed in the aforementioned situation)

Thanks for your help!
This question cannot be answered just like that. For some people a livable salary is $200'000 per year, other are okay with $50'000. Then it depends on your job, I do not know what you are doing..What are your expenses? Richmond is full of rich Chinese, traffic is horrendous.. Cost of living in Vancouver is generally high. If you are on minimum wage, $10.25/hr, then you better work 2 or 3 jobs..

See? Hard to answer your question..

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
A 3-bed flat or townhome in Richmond will set you back by at least $2000/month in my opinion. Craigslist is your friend on this one as you can evaluate the rental costs. Bills and food expenses are quite arbitrary, so can't commit much on that. Also, are you moving from outside Canada or within Canada?

Everyone's definition of 'livable' salary is different. Some people are used to (read: addicted) to a way of life that would be defined as luxury by others, but basic life by them. So, difficult to answer your question. Budget your way out of whatever you receive, you can control your expenses to an extent after all.

Dec 8, 2014
Hello
Currently estrou in Brazil and I intend to find a job in Canada, where I intend to stay definitive ...
My profession is mechanical designer, I worked 13 years ...
But I'm willing to perform other functions ...
Any work that is assigned to me ...
I am grateful to so ...
Thank you...

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
Levy Efraim de Mendonça said:
Hello
Currently estrou in Brazil and I intend to find a job in Canada, where I intend to stay definitive ...
My profession is mechanical designer, I worked 13 years ...
But I'm willing to perform other functions ...
Any work that is assigned to me ...
I am grateful to so ...
Thank you...
Are you a permanent resident yet? Without any proper paper you cannot live and work in Canada.