App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
IRCC tracker shows background verification is 'in progress' today.
No changes in CIC account.

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
There won't be any change in CIC account except ghost updates and final approval or if any doc is required. All the progress will be better visible in the tracker
Thanks!

krunal1505

Apr 19, 2023
Hello all,
I submitted my application on 17th Feb. As per tacker until now it was just showing the eligibility was in progress as I have my spouse as dependent. Today the Background verification status changed from not started to in progress, but the eligibility is still in progress and not yet completed. Can someone please explain me about this. Shouldn't the eligibility needs to complete before starting the Background verification? And since my Background verification started, how much time can I expect for my process to be completed!
Thank you.

mathmari

Mar 30, 2023
Hello all,
I submitted my application on 17th Feb. As per tacker until now it was just showing the eligibility was in progress as I have my spouse as dependent. Today the Background verification status changed from not started to in progress, but the eligibility is still in progress and not yet completed. Can someone please explain me about this. Shouldn't the eligibility needs to complete before starting the Background verification? And since my Background verification started, how much time can I expect for my process to be completed!
Thank you.

I thought the same..My eligibility is in progress since 13th April and then background check when into 'in progress' yesterday, while the eligibility is still 'in progress'

My wild guess is that, since the workers are on strike, they are initiating the background check in the meantime, so no apparent delay? The background check is not done by IRCC.. idk, just my thinking lol..

Last edited:

AP97

Feb 2, 2023
Hi, my application tracker shows Biometrics and Medical "Completed", and Background Verification "In Progress" since the last few days.

However, Eligibility still says "Not Started". Under Eligibility it also says "We’re making sure that you meet the requirements to be eligible for the spouse, partner or child class". Will Eligibility not update in tracker because I'm single applicant with no dependants? Cause I thought Background check starts after Eligibility starts/passes.

Reactions: Miracle2018

KamalPalani

Apr 20, 2023
I thought the same..My eligibility is in progress since 13th April and then background check when into 'in progress' yesterday, while the eligibility is still 'in progress'

My wild guess is that, since the workers are on strike, they are initiating the background check in the meantime, so no apparent delay? The background check is not done by IRCC.. idk, just my thinking lol..
Hi same thing happened to me as well! Biometrics and Medical Passed on March 10th! Eligibility in Progress from April 13 and Suddenly Yesterday Background is in progress!

Reactions: mathmari

Ananya9101

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
Finally PR cards received in mail. Here is my full timeline :
Profile - CEC Inland 496
ITA - November 9th, 2022
Application submitted and AOR - January 2nd, 2023
PR confirmation mail received - March 17th
PR portal credentials received and address and picture submitted- March 20th
ECoPR received - March 23rd
PR card application linked to GCKey - March 24th
GU - April 14th
PR cards mailed for main and dependent - April 18th
Main applicant card received - April 21st
Dependent card received - April 24th

I came to Canada in 2019 on work permit and created EE profile in June 2022.
Thank you everyone who helped with the queries and doubts. All the best to the applicants