+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - ITA Question

Generosuboy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hello all!

My situation is the following: 463 points currently.
On May 7th, 2020 I will have an extra 1-year work experience that will increase my points to 475. (2 years of experience in total)

I saw in some threads, that people are getting ITA around 2 months before the actual full year of work experience. Is that the real case?

Does it mean that I can get an ITA the next draw (March 18?)

Reactions: Aysherman

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Yes the system calculates work experience by month, so you'll be awarded additional points before you actually accumulate enough work experience.

It's not recommended to apply before you actually qualify for those points.

Generosuboy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Yes the system calculates work experience by month, so you'll be awarded additional points before you actually accumulate enough work experience.

It's not recommended to apply before you actually qualify for those points.
yea! I understand this. My plan is to get ITA next draw, wait till May 7th, request a reference letter and submit with the express mail.

Do you think its a good plan?

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
I think there're people on this forum who've done it that way

Personally, I would decline ITA until I actually have 2 years of experience, just to be safe.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
On May 7th, 2020 I will have an extra 1-year work experience that will increase my points to 475. (2 years of experience in total)

I saw in some threads, that people are getting ITA around 2 months before the actual full year of work experience. Is that the real case?
It can be up to 2 months in advance, depending on the actual start date. For most, it is about 1 month early.

Example - you complete the year on May 1. The system only sees MM/YYYY instead of actual dates, so it would see the year as "completed" in April (one month too soon).
Alternatively - you complete the year on May 31. The system still sees only MM/YYYY and still sees the year as "completed" in April - but now it is 2 months too soon.

Only if you have enough points. You will likely be awarded the points for the second year around April 1.

It is OK to accept an ITA then, you would just have to wait until after completing the 2nd year to get your letter of reference and submit your eAPR.

It would be a different scenario if you were talking about the first year to qualify for CEC - you need to have completed at least one year to qualify for CEC before you can accept the ITA. If it is the 2nd or 3rd year (for CRS points), then it is OK as long as you have earned the points by the time you submit your eAPR.

HelloCanada_2020

Mar 4, 2020
hi @jes_ON, ihave read quite a few of your posts related to this topic, where you have advised people that if they have met the MEC but have not completed full 2yrs or 3 yrs, they are ok to submit the application after actually having completed the full 2 yrs or 3 yrs or whatever may be the case with them. I wanted to know if you have come across anyone whose application has been refused in such a scenario where the applicant met the MEC but did not complete the full 2 yrs experience at the time of ITA, but made sure of submitting the application only after having completed the number of yrs for which points were claimed.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
hi @jes_ON, ihave read quite a few of your posts related to this topic, where you have advised people that if they have met the MEC but have not completed full 2yrs or 3 yrs, they are ok to submit the application after actually having completed the full 2 yrs or 3 yrs or whatever may be the case with them. I wanted to know if you have come across anyone whose application has been refused in such a scenario where the applicant met the MEC but did not complete the full 2 yrs experience at the time of ITA, but made sure of submitting the application only after having completed the number of yrs for which points were claimed.
No - or if they were refused, was for other reasons...

Aysherman

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
Hello all!

Hi Friend.
I also have a one year work permit and my one year would have been done on May 6th but due to COVID 19 my work place os shut down. I am so desperate. I am currently at 467 and was counting on my 1 year experience.
Are you still working?
I hope they do not penalize us for this pandemic which is beyond pur control.

readysetgo

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019
Hey jes_ON,

I just came across your post and wanted to clarify something. I completed 1 year of work experience on February 2020 and set up my EE profile. I received an ITA in the March 5 draw, and submitted my ePR application this morning. Going by what you said, my timeline seems okay to claim the 1 year CEC work experience, right?

Thanks in advance!

Oct 3, 2016
hi everybody, can someone please give me valuable suggestion ?I am married, and want to apply through express entry without spouse to increase my CRS, without spouse my score is 465. can someone clearly confirm that there is no issue for applying as not accompanying your husband? also he is already living in canada on work permit

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hey jes_ON,

I just came across your post and wanted to clarify something. I completed 1 year of work experience on February 2020 and set up my EE profile. I received an ITA in the March 5 draw, and submitted my ePR application this morning. Going by what you said, my timeline seems okay to claim the 1 year CEC work experience, right?
Sure, why not? What's the doubt?