+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC ITA March’23

Ishadi

Nov 22, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Requesting some advice.

We got ITA yesterday under CEC. We started working on March3rd’22 but travelled to India between Jun-Jul’22 i.e. 40 working days(56 calendar days). I guess we would have lost 40*6hrs(30hrs/5 minimum requirement)= 240hrs. Should we wait to recuperate these 240hrs(March 6th - April28)which we will by 28th April before final submission ? (I have not considered permitted vacation period of 2 weeks above)

Please help!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

Requesting some advice.

We got ITA yesterday under CEC. We started working on March3rd’22 but travelled to India between Jun-Jul’22 i.e. 40 working days(56 calendar days). I guess we would have lost 40*6hrs(30hrs/5 minimum requirement)= 240hrs. Should we wait to recuperate these 240hrs(March 6th - April28)which we will by 28th April before final submission ? (I have not considered permitted vacation period of 2 weeks above)

Please help!
Yes, it would be best to wait. That is the safest approach to make sure you really have a full year of work experience.

ShuBhaMAhuJA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
Hi Everyone,

Requesting some advice.

Please help!
It Doesn’t matter if you wait or not your hours will be calculated from Mar 3rd 2022 to the date you submit your EE File in the pool..If they check the hours and requested the record for those 240hrs you can be in trouble.. According to my experience you should not file on this ITA.

Sep 28, 2013
Hi Everyone,

• I was working in Canada under a closed Work Permit from May 2019 till June 2022.
  • My company initiated a Work Permit Extension in March 2022 and I received the Work Permit document in Aug 2022. It has a validity of 2 years.
  • I needed to travel back to India for a personal emergency in July 2022 and had to continue my stay here as I did not have a extended Work Permit from IRCC and based on the extended work permit only I can apply for a VISA to travel back.
  • Meanwhile I applied for Canadian PR from India in Feb 2023 mentioning my previous experience in Canada as well.
  • I received the ITA in March 2023. I am given 60 days time and I am preparing my documents for submission.
  • Now my company has instructed me to travel back to Canada in April 2023 on my valid closed work permit issued by my current employer.

Question:
Since I still have not submitted my document in IRCC portal towards my PR, should I

Change my PR application status to 'Currently in Canada' and then upload all the documents once I land in Canada

[OR]

Upload all the relevant document to my PR application before travelling to Canada under the same status 'Currently in India' and raise a webform with IRCC stating my change in status (travelled to Canada on work grounds and presently living in Canada)

Will my travel back to Canada on a Work Permit disturb the on going PR application process?

Please suggest what would be the best action to take.

CJ27

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Hi, this is the best option to do "
Change my PR application status to 'Currently in Canada' and then upload all the documents once I land in Canada"

Sep 28, 2013
Hi, this is the best option to do "
Change my PR application status to 'Currently in Canada' and then upload all the documents once I land in Canada"
Hi CJ27,

Thanks for the reply. I was also thinking the same.

Now I have another clarification.
I had my Medical Test done for my work permit on the 3rd March 2023. I have my application in progress and now submitted my passport for stamping as well.
Parallelly, on 26th March 2023 IRCC has issued ITA for my PR application and they have mentioned to have my Upfront Medical Test to be taken.

I understand that this Medical Test result is valid for 12 months from the date of the test.

Question:
1. Can I submit the same Medical Test result taken earlier (for the purpose of Work Permit) for my PR application as well?
{OR}
2. Do I need to take a separate one exclusively for my PR application even though the exiting Medical Test (that was submitted for the Work Permit) is still valid.

CJ27

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Hi CJ27,

Thanks for the reply. I was also thinking the same.

Now I have another clarification.
I had my Medical Test done for my work permit on the 3rd March 2023. I have my application in progress and now submitted my passport for stamping as well.
Parallelly, on 26th March 2023 IRCC has issued ITA for my PR application and they have mentioned to have my Upfront Medical Test to be taken.

I understand that this Medical Test result is valid for 12 months from the date of the test.

Question:
1. Can I submit the same Medical Test result taken earlier (for the purpose of Work Permit) for my PR application as well?
{OR}
2. Do I need to take a separate one exclusively for my PR application even though the exiting Medical Test (that was submitted for the Work Permit) is still valid.
Hi Franklindeepak, you do not need to do another medical and instead submit the information sheet of the same upfront done on 3rd March 2023. Please check your email - you should have received an email with subject "Exemption from Having to Complete an Additional Immigration Medical Exam". You can also refer to these latest links of public policy for reference.
Medical exam for permanent resident applicants - Canada.ca
Temporary public policy to exempt certain foreign nationals from the immigration medical examination requirement - Canada.ca
So, come land in Canada and then apply/submit for PR. Let me know if any further questions. Thanks and all the best.

Reactions: Franklindeepak
Sep 28, 2013
Hi Franklindeepak, you do not need to do another medical and instead submit the information sheet of the same upfront done on 3rd March 2023. Please check your email - you should have received an email with subject "Exemption from Having to Complete an Additional Immigration Medical Exam". You can also refer to these latest links of public policy for reference.
Medical exam for permanent resident applicants - Canada.ca
Temporary public policy to exempt certain foreign nationals from the immigration medical examination requirement - Canada.ca
So, come land in Canada and then apply/submit for PR. Let me know if any further questions. Thanks and all the best.
Thank you CJ27, for the information. This is very helpful.