Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-11-2022
Hello Friends,

As per immitracker and other threads, FSW and PNP applicants are getting their decisions within 50 days. Is it CEC always slower than FSW and PNP?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
IRCC tend to prioritize the applicants from outside Canada. The shift to domestic applicants during the pandemic was an exception. However, given that they want to lean more towards targeted immigration, prioritizing FSW and PNP are inline with pending plans for the system.

Reactions: CEC Applicant 2022

EdithF86

Star Member
Oct 31, 2016
IRCC tend to prioritize the applicants from outside Canada. The shift to domestic applicants during the pandemic was an exception. However, given that they want to lean more towards targeted immigration, prioritizing FSW and PNP are inline with pending plans for the system.
Then why do CEC Outland people not get prioritized? In fact we even seem to get processed slower than inland

Bangoga

Nov 28, 2022
Doubt it, CEC's are being processed within 4-6 months since july. PNP inland before July are still stuck, I have no idea where your opinion comes from.

Mek22

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
As an inland PNP applicant, who is waiting for a decision for almost 20 months, I can confirm that PNP is not moving faster than CEC as they might report on processing times. I personally know lots of friends from CEC who received their PRs less than 6 months. Unfortunately, after COVID things are not going in the right direction for PR applicants in general, especially for PNPs. I agree there are few recent examples of PNPs who got their PRs in less than 90 days. I think those lucky ones are used to reduce average wait times.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Then why do CEC Outland people not get prioritized? In fact we even seem to get processed slower than inland
The fact that you are outland probably why you are having longer processing. CEC is typically for inland applicants with IRCC, Outland applicants have to use a embassy or visa centre. Moreover, outland applicants have more security checks to be done. CEC inland are processed at much faster rates, second behind entry entry.

EdithF86

Star Member
Oct 31, 2016
The fact that you are outland probably why you are having longer processing. CEC is typically for inland applicants with IRCC, Outland applicants have to use a embassy or visa centre. Moreover, outland applicants have more security checks to be done. CEC inland are processed at much faster rates, second behind entry entry.
Same goes for those super fast PNP Outland and FSW Outland candidates, you would think then :)