+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC invite with 11 months 3weeks

goodvibes121

Nov 16, 2020
Hi all, so I got an invite under CEC in this current round (July 6, 2022). I have received additional points for CEC while filling Express Entry profile as it only asks for the month you started working in and not the exact date. (July 2021 to July 2022)
I started working in Canada on July 13, 2021 and as of today (date of ITA)July 6,2022 I’ve got 11 months and 3 weeks of Canadian Experience.
I’m unsure if I should proceed with this ITA or decline this. I’ve got 560 points.
tia

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I believe the rule is to wait until you complete 1 year of experience before you send your documents.

ArijitRoy

Aug 8, 2019
Hi all, so I got an invite under CEC in this current round (July 6, 2022). I have received additional points for CEC while filling Express Entry profile as it only asks for the month you started working in and not the exact date. (July 2021 to July 2022)
I started working in Canada on July 13, 2021 and as of today (date of ITA)July 6,2022 I’ve got 11 months and 3 weeks of Canadian Experience.
I’m unsure if I should proceed with this ITA or decline this. I’ve got 560 points.
tia
Congrats! i believe you can accept the ITA once your 1 year work time period is complete. I know a lot of friends who did that. Check with an immigration attorney.

Reactions: Miracle2018

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
OP you are not eligible yet. You must meet the 12-month requirement (July 13 2021 to July 13 2022, with 30 hours of work each of the 52 weeks excluding vacations in a NOC 0/A/B job) before getting the ITA.

Some people here say you can take the risk, but I know people who've been rejected for being short a few days even if they reached the one year after getting the ITA.

Why take the risk with your score...

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
You’ll certainly get invited 2 weeks from now. I don’t see the point of risking eligibility to catch this particular draw.

tobyboy

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
tia
Hello! May I know how you got 560 points? Your language test must be perfect!

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hello! May I know how you got 560 points? Your language test must be perfect!
I have a perfect language test (all 12s in CELPIP) and I have a 426 score. People with 557+ CRS most likely have maximum points for age, education, French & English, Canadian experience + foreign experience.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Congratulations!

I do need to ask for the consensus on the topic of this thread. Is it necessary to reject the ITA in a situation like this? Or is it acceptable to simply wait until eligible to apply?

Also, is this true for basic eligibility only or the points accumulated? (For ecample, the system gave you points for work experience prematurely but you already have enough work experience for basic eligibility).

Reactions: Miracle2018

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Congratulations!

I do need to ask for the consensus on the topic of this thread. Is it necessary to reject the ITA in a situation like this? Or is it acceptable to simply wait until eligible to apply?

Also, is this true for basic eligibility only or the points accumulated? (For ecample, the system gave you points for work experience prematurely but you already have enough work experience for basic eligibility).
I waited until I was eligible to apply, and I became eligible literally a week after they stopped CEC draws last year. If I did that, so should you.

The system doesn't give you points prematurely per se, it simply awards points for a 12-month period. However, the onus is on you to apply when you full well know when you're eligible and that means 52 weeks, 30 hours each week.

Think about it this way, if they accept and later refuse your application after reviewing it in 3, 4 or 5 months, you'll be starting all over again and your PR will take even longer.

Ashfana

Nov 6, 2018
tia
Please refer this

Ashfana

Nov 6, 2018
OP you are not eligible yet. You must meet the 12-month requirement (July 13 2021 to July 13 2022, with 30 hours of work each of the 52 weeks excluding vacations in a NOC 0/A/B job) before getting the ITA.

Some people here say you can take the risk, but I know people who've been rejected for being short a few days even if they reached the one year after getting the ITA.

Why take the risk with your score...

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Be aware that these are general call centre/social media agents providing these responses. That was also from 2+ years ago. At the end of the day it will be up to the officer. One could interpret fulfilling CEC requirements after receiving an ITA as technically ineligible as the requirements weren't met at the time of the invitation. As I said, I know people who have been rejected on this basis.

Another officer may be kind enough to let it slide.

Do you want to take the risk of knowing after 2, 3, 4, 5 months? Or is it better to be safe than sorry?

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I waited until I was eligible to apply, and I became eligible literally a week after they stopped CEC draws last year. If I did that, so should you.

The system doesn't give you points prematurely per se, it simply awards points for a 12-month period. However, the onus is on you to apply when you full well know when you're eligible and that means 52 weeks, 30 hours each week.

Think about it this way, if they accept and later refuse your application after reviewing it in 3, 4 or 5 months, you'll be starting all over again and your PR will take even longer.
They do give you points prematurely: if you complete 2 years of experience on the 15th, you will still get points on the 1st, because it only counts the month, not the day.

So you might receive ITA.

The question was specifically about people who are already eligible (already have 1 year of experience) but may get points for 2 and 3 year experience prematurely.

We are in the same situation as you: my wife completed a year of experience just as they stopped draws last year. This year, she will receive points for 2 year experience a few weeks before she completes 2 years. So her basic eligibility will not be affected, but the points will.

And "I waied so you have to do it, too" is not much of an argument. What if it was incorrect to wait? (Not necessarily in this situation; in general). We indeed waited, but maybe we were fools/incorrect there. I heard people say it's ok to accept ITA, as long as you don't apply until you actually generate all the points you were awarded by the system. We decided not to risk it, but then I kept seeing all the people saying that it's fine to accept ITA, as long as you do have the number of points needed for the draw by the time you send documents.

Reactions: moscatojuices