+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC instead of new pathway for students

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
Instead of the supposed new pathway for students that may or may not come up, why doesn't IRCC just do CEC specific draws once a month or even once in 2 months?

I wish there's information about how the new occupation specific draws will be implemented. People need time and have to put in efforts to plan how they'll become eligible.

If the occupation specific draws happen to raise the CRS cut off, then students need to have time to plan for other options like PNP which need a permanent job offer. I hope IRCC provides information about the changes that are going to happen to Express Entry.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I believe people with Canadian education and/or work experience will get additional points after C-19. (?) Also, it is possible that these will be treated as a specific category. We just don't know, and yes, I agree it's frustrating that they don't want to tell people how they want to approach it yet.

Reactions: Economist9

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
I believe people with Canadian education and/or work experience will get additional points after C-19. (?) Also, it is possible that these will be treated as a specific category. We just don't know, and yes, I agree it's frustrating that they don't want to tell people how they want to approach it yet.
Thank you for your reply! It would be helpful if Canadian education and work experience count for additional points.

In case a candidate has to go by the PNP route, I wonder how and where "permanent" jobs are being offered to temporary residents. All my offers, at any point, will be for a temporary duration, or at max till the expiry of my PGWP. But BC PNP and other PNPs need a "permanent" offer. Any advice or thoughts on this would be very helpful. Have a nice day!

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Honestly, it's difficult. Might depend on the field, but a better bet is to try to fit a C-19 category. Keep in mind that NOC is not the only criteria that will be introduced with C-19. They will also choose based on education, Canadian work experience, French language, etc. Learning French and taking the exam was the best thing for us, to be honest. It's not easy but it depends on you vs employer or outside factors.

Reactions: Economist9

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
Honestly, it's difficult. Might depend on the field, but a better bet is to try to fit a C-19 category. Keep in mind that NOC is not the only criteria that will be introduced with C-19. They will also choose based on education, Canadian work experience, French language, etc. Learning French and taking the exam was the best thing for us, to be honest. It's not easy but it depends on you vs employer or outside factors.
Thanks for the reply! It's true that there's a lot of uncertainty now with the upcoming changes. But the likely higher weightage to Canadian education and experience gives hope.