+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Inland - Landed at niagara but need to leave canada(4-6 weeks) - Please help

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I got my Passport stamped with Visa, happiest days of my entire life. I landed at Niagara couple of days ago. But due to a personal reason I need to leave Canada now. My PR Card said to be here in 41 days. I read that I can apply for premnanent residence travel document. My questions are

1) how long will the process take

2) will it affect my PR card processing time.

3) Any challenges with document instead of PR card.

Thank you.

Innana

Nov 20, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2016
Med's Request
Feb 6
Med's Done....
Feb 17
Passport Req..
May 30
VISA ISSUED...
June 13
LANDED..........
July 09
Re: CEC Inland - Landed at niagara but need to leave canada - Please help

I am not talking about you, and i know you have your own reasons for doing this which is non of my business of course, but I always wondered why people apply for PR, go through hell to get it and as soon as they land they leave, often the same day or a few days after, or not come back but only for a few month during the next 6 years? Why get the PR if you don't want to live in this country at all? baffling...

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Innana said:
I am not talking about you, and i know you have your own reasons for doing this which is non of my business of course, but I always wondered why people apply for PR, go through hell to get it and as soon as they land they leave, often the same day or a few days after, or not come back but only for a few month during the next 6 years? Why get the PR if you don't want to live in this country at all? baffling...
Dude, I am going for just 6 weeks. I work here, I have a full time job here in toronto.

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

shankster87 said:
Maybe, just maybe, people have other business to take care of before making the permanent move? Maybe doing the short, perfectly legal landing is in their best interest and in line with their life plans? I am not saying you are doing it but I now understand why armchair critique is easy. Baffling.

@The-SpaceGuy

If you're leaving Canada before you receive your PR card, you will need a PRTD (travel document). The situation you don't need a PRTD is if you entering Canada from the US by road. You can use your CoPR and passport to enter if you're entering from the US by road. Any landing via air from anywhere will require a PRTD.

Applying for a PRTD does not affect your PR card timeline.

Not too sure of the processing times for PRTD (depends on the consulate where you apply, I believe).
Thank you so much shankster87 :)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 -You will need to submit an application for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to the visa application centre (VAC) which serves the country and area you are visiting, once you are outside Canada.

If your return flight to Canada is in less than six weeks and you are concerned with receiving the PRTD in time, please ensure to mark your application “Urgent” and provide your travel dates and flight itinerary when applying.

The PRTD is only valid for one (1) re-entry into Canada. Without a PR card or a PRTD, you will not be able to travel to Canada except by private vehicle.

2 - No it won't

3 - No idea what you're trying to say

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
1 -You will need to submit an application for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to the visa application centre (VAC) which serves the country and area you are visiting, once you are outside Canada.

If your return flight to Canada is in less than six weeks and you are concerned with receiving the PRTD in time, please ensure to mark your application “Urgent” and provide your travel dates and flight itinerary when applying.

The PRTD is only valid for one (1) re-entry into Canada. Without a PR card or a PRTD, you will not be able to travel to Canada except by private vehicle.

2 - No it won't

3 - No idea what you're trying to say
This is very helpful and detailed. thank u so much.

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !

Innana said:
A lot of people have to go back to their country ONCE they received their PR. I just received my CoPR and have to fly back to my country of residence to pick up my kids and bring them back here.
Doesn't mean we don't want to live in Canada, sometimes it's even the opposite, leaving Canada means taking care of important things in order to live and settle in Canada.