File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Any thought, for next draw say 2nd October, I will be 3 days short for 365 days/52 weeks but system calculates it as 1 year. Should I go for an ITA or not ?
You might be able to get away with a couple of days, but if it is a full week short, it will be refused. It´s not worth the risk and anxiety of waiting, tho - it´would be better to wait for the next draw, to be certain (about that point, anyway).

A_D_cec

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-09-2019
That is not correct, there are certain classes of LMIA-exempt work permit holders who may be eligible for the valid job offer points, but as 21Goose points out, they have to provide a written offer of FUTURE employment (either permanent, or at least one year, after becoming a permanent resident).

However much you may dislike this requirement, lots of people are able to get such letters and take advantage of this opportunity.
Yes, you are right about the LMIA requirement...

jatin871

Aug 22, 2017
just to let you know i claimed 50 points and PR is approved. I used deputation letter (issued when i started my job 1 year old). My work permit valid for 1.6 year more. Most important thing is you should have job offer on employer portal of CIC for at least 1 year.. it doesn't matter if you that line "1 year offer after we give PR

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
just to let you know i claimed 50 points and PR is approved. I used deputation letter (issued when i started my job 1 year old). My work permit valid for 1.6 year more. Most important thing is you should have job offer on employer portal of CIC for at least 1 year.. it doesn't matter if you that line "1 year offer after we give PR
Hey, thanks for letting us know. This is very useful information! So just to be clear

1. You started your job in 2018. At that time, your employer gave you a deputation letter that said you will be employed indefinitely (or else, employed till at least 2021?)
2. Your work permit is valid till 2021
3. Your job offer in the IRCC Employer Portal says that you are employed either indefinitely or for at least one more year

And based on these three conditions, you got the 50 points without having to submit any new letter that says "Jatin will be employed for a year after he gets PR", correct?

Again, thanks for letting the forum know. This is always a question that comes up with people who are already working here.

Reactions: dinkarinjosh

jatin871

Aug 22, 2017
Hey, thanks for letting us know. This is very useful information! So just to be clear

1. You started your job in 2018. At that time, your employer gave you a deputation letter that said you will be employed indefinitely (or else, employed till at least 2021?)-- until April 2021
2. Your work permit is valid till 2021-- yes
3. Your job offer in the IRCC Employer Portal says that you are employed either indefinitely or for at least one more year-- until April 2021

And based on these three conditions, you got the 50 points without having to submit any new letter that says "Jatin will be employed for a year after he gets PR", correct? ==i didn't submit ...just a reference letter with jobs duties and it mentioned all condition applicable as per deputation letter

Again, thanks for letting the forum know. This is always a question that comes up with people who are already working here.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Based on your answers, it's clear that your original letter covered all the requirements (offer of permanent employment for at least one year after getting PR) so you didn't need anything else.

Congratulations on getting PR, btw :) Welcome to Canada!

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
That is not correct, there are certain classes of LMIA-exempt work permit holders who may be eligible for the valid job offer points, but as 21Goose points out, they have to provide a written offer of FUTURE employment (either permanent, or at least one year, after becoming a permanent resident).

However much you may dislike this requirement, lots of people are able to get such letters and take advantage of this opportunity.
I know there are lot of views on this. Quick clarifications. This is specifically for ICT employee to claim 50 points. It is for inland employees who already completed 1 year in Canada.

I have two letters from employer letter which indicates follows:
1. a Valid WP and an offer letters which is valid for next 3 years ( i.e. till May 2023).
2. A letter which indicates my salary, joining date, designation and also with a status as Permanent. This does not indicates job duties.

Additionally I have reference letter from my manager highlighting 1 year experience to map to NOC code, job duties, salary as well as indicating we like to have him permanent in Canada, of course on Company letter head with his contact details.

With these document is it enough or we need to have a letter which explicitly indicates that "post PR company will keep employee for 1 year". This text is very confusing for interpretation and big corporate companies like IBM, etc.. normally don't want to change the standard structure of their letters.

Anj84

May 21, 2020
Hi - I am in Canada on work permit since November 2018 and my case is an inter company transfer and I have been with the company for past ten years. My employer has extended my contract by one year and work permit extension just commenced. I created PR profile since March and claimed 50 points for job offer with contract valid till October 2021. Initially I uploaded offer letter with contract extended till October 2021 and got AOR. But after reading several pages I reached to my Hr and they have added to my employment letter_ Mr. Xxx has been employed with us since November 2018 and he was permanent transfer from this country and we extended his contract in anticipation of him receiving PR by October 2021. A review to extend contract and offer permanent role will be done at later stage.

This wording was approved and done in consultation with our firms immigration attorneys. Do you think it helps. I just uploaded this attachment through web form today.

Just to add i have included all my previous contracts , experience letters from other offices where I have served with bank statements and payslips which goes to show my connection and long relation with the network

Do you believe this can help me, my case is above

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Any thought, for next draw say 2nd October, I will be 3 days short for 365 days/52 weeks but system calculates it as 1 year. Should I go for an ITA or not ?
get ITA and wait for 365 days completion and than submit docs.

For job offer, is ur job full time and permanent?. IT appears u have timebound job so in that case u will need that letter for 1year post PR frm ur HR on their letterhead.

arghya009

Sep 19, 2019
my friend used the offer letter generated for a 2-year work permit extension; only 3 months were used from his offer at the time of his AOR, 21 months of the offer in hand, and got his PR, but it is a gamble
I have 1 year and 3 months remaining in 2 years offer from employer. I also have letter stating that I am a full time employee. Will it suffice ? I meet all other criteria.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have 1 year and 3 months remaining in 2 years offer from employer. I also have letter stating that I am a full time employee. Will it suffice ? I meet all other criteria.
You also need a letter from your employer stating that they will continue to employ you for at least one year after you become a PR.

arghya009

Sep 19, 2019
You also need a letter from your employer stating that they will continue to employ you for at least one year after you become a PR.
My employer already provided 2 years of offer. They will not provide any other letter. If I have 1 year and 3 months left already then why we need another document?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My employer already provided 2 years of offer. They will not provide any other letter. If I have 1 year and 3 months left already then why we need another document?
Because one of the requirements to qualify for the 50 points is the following as indicated on the IRCC web site:

If you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

If your employer is not willing to give you such a letter, then there is chance IRCC will say you do not qualify for the 50 points and refuse your application.

arghya009

Sep 19, 2019
Because one of the requirements to qualify for the 50 points is the following as indicated on the IRCC web site:

If you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

If your employer is not willing to give you such a letter, then there is chance IRCC will say you do not qualify for the 50 points and refuse your application.
Understood. What I am trying to say that I have job offer for next 1 year and 5 months from
now on. Now IRCC will take 6 months still I have 11 months left in the job offer post pr.