CEC Inland eligibility with an expired TRV

indranilroy1990

May 10, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi,

I am not aware if this topic has been discussed on this forum previously. If it is then please feel free to redirect me to the relevant thread.

• I am a CEC inland candidate, on a PGWP which was issued in September 2020 and expires August 2022.
  • I have been working full-time, NOC-A, in Ontario since March 2020. This is from the day after I applied for a PGWP on a valid study permit having graduated end of Dec 2019.
  • I am planning to apply for the EE-CEC in March 2021 with a 1 year Canadian experience.
  • However there is a statement on the IRCC webpage, in the minimum requirements category of CEC, which has been troubling me. Something I hadn't noticed previously. It says: " You must have gained your work experience by working in Canada while under temporary resident status with authorization to work". (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html)
  • Here's the part I haven't mentioned until now: My TRV expired in Dec 2019 and I never bothered to get a new TRV after receiving my PGWP in Sep 2020. In fact, I haven't been out of the country ever since I entered in Aug 2018, which brings me to the following question(s),
  • Does the expired TRV jeopardize my temporary resident status even though I have been on a valid study permit followed by a valid work permit all throughout my time in Canada? Do you suggest getting a TRV before I apply for a EE-CEC?
Many thanks and Appreciate your advice.

Roy

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Hi,

I am not aware if this topic has been discussed on this forum previously. If it is then please feel free to redirect me to the relevant thread.

• I am a CEC inland candidate, on a PGWP which was issued in September 2020 and expires August 2022.
  • I have been working full-time, NOC-A, in Ontario since March 2020. This is from the day after I applied for a PGWP on a valid study permit having graduated end of Dec 2019.
  • I am planning to apply for the EE-CEC in March 2021 with a 1 year Canadian experience.
  • However there is a statement on the IRCC webpage, in the minimum requirements category of CEC, which has been troubling me. Something I hadn't noticed previously. It says: " You must have gained your work experience by working in Canada while under temporary resident status with authorization to work". (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html)
  • Here's the part I haven't mentioned until now: My TRV expired in Dec 2019 and I never bothered to get a new TRV after receiving my PGWP in Sep 2020. In fact, I haven't been out of the country ever since I entered in Aug 2018, which brings me to the following question(s),
  • Does the expired TRV jeopardize my temporary resident status even though I have been on a valid study permit followed by a valid work permit all throughout my time in Canada? Do you suggest getting a TRV before I apply for a EE-CEC?
Many thanks and Appreciate your advice.

Roy
Hi ,

Your study permit (Student status) or work permit (Temporary Foreign Worker Status) was/is your temporary resident status in Canada. Your TRV is not your legal temporary resident status status in Canada. The sole purpose of the TRV is for you to enter/re-enter Canada. So you don't need to have a valid TRV to legally stay in Canada. And you don't need the TRV to apply for your CEC application. Very common misconception but you are safe!

indranilroy1990

May 10, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi ,

Your study permit (Student status) or work permit (Temporary Foreign Worker Status) was/is your temporary resident status in Canada. Your TRV is not your legal temporary resident status status in Canada. The sole purpose of the TRV is for you to enter/re-enter Canada. So you don't need to have a valid TRV to legally stay in Canada. And you don't need the TRV to apply for your CEC application. Very common misconception but you are safe!
Sounds right. Thank you so much for the response @mikko008