+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Ineligable NOC codes

abz1109

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Hello,

I have one year's work experience in Canada as an administrator and I am hoping to apply for my PR through the Canadian Experience Class? Will I be ineligible to apply for this due to my job as an administrator as I see some people saying this type of job will not get accepted for the CEC application however I do not see this on the CIC website? It is NOC 1241.

Any help would be great, thanks!

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
abz1109 said:
Hello,

I have one year's work experience in Canada as an administrator and I am hoping to apply for my PR through the Canadian Experience Class? Will I be ineligible to apply for this due to my job as an administrator as I see some people saying this type of job will not get accepted for the CEC application however I do not see this on the CIC website? It is NOC 1241.

Under Express Entry, you should be eligible. I could not find any exclusions. The only exclusion I could find was under the old CEC process.

For your reference: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/eligible-to-apply-pr-through-express-entry-under-canadian-experience-class-t270123.0.html

Wait for others to confirm as well.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
abz1109 said:
There are no excluded NOCs under express entry (as long as they are skill level O, A, or B).

A couple of years ago, there was a temporary moratorium on applications with certain NOCs, but that expired a long time ago.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
abz1109 said:
Hello,

Everything as you probably know revolves around whether your work experience responsibilities map to the NOC. People saying may not qualify are maybe finding it hard to understand whether Canada has a shortage of admin assistants or executive secretaries so even though 1241 is classed as a NOC B maybe they are not aware of what the job market is like.

navpaul200

Jun 11, 2019
Hello,

Did you apply for CEC with NOC 1241 experience ? Please reply and thank you