+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC In-process, but passport about to expire

thisisvivi

Nov 7, 2022
Category........
CEC
Hello,

To anyone who can help me. My CEC application is currently in process - AOR October 14th. However, my passport expires end of May and with it, so does my work permit. I wanted to know if I should wait to apply for a new passport.

If I apply now, is it okay to inform IRCC with regards to my CEC application? Will it create any problems?

Will my work permit expire immediately if I renew my passport? And my TRV?

Thank you in advance for any help!

BC_CEC_Aspirant

Dec 1, 2022
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2023
Med's Done....
22-02-2023
Hello,

To anyone who can help me. My CEC application is currently in process - AOR October 14th. However, my passport expires end of May and with it, so does my work permit. I wanted to know if I should wait to apply for a new passport.

If I apply now, is it okay to inform IRCC with regards to my CEC application? Will it create any problems?

Will my work permit expire immediately if I renew my passport? And my TRV?

Thank you in advance for any help!
1.What is the current update on your application ? Has the MEP/BIL approved?
2/3.You can apply for a new passport , it will not affect your TRV or work permit. Once you get your new passport only then can you inform IRCC about your new passport number via webform.
4. If in case you are not in your approved stage for your PR application close to your work permit end, which would be May 2023 in your case, you should plan to apply BOWP by end of April 2023. (Just give yourself some buffer time )

Reactions: thisisvivi

thisisvivi

Nov 7, 2022
Category........
CEC
1.What is the current update on your application ? Has the MEP/BIL approved?
2/3.You can apply for a new passport , it will not affect your TRV or work permit. Once you get your new passport only then can you inform IRCC about your new passport number via webform.
4. If in case you are not in your approved stage for your PR application close to your work permit end, which would be May 2023 in your case, you should plan to apply BOWP by end of April 2023. (Just give yourself some buffer time )
1. Medicals were updated Nov 4th. As per my conversation with ircc this morning, my criminality and eligibility are left and have no started processing yet.
2. Can I continue to work on the old work permit while I apply for BOWP?

Thank you for the help!

infinitrix

Apr 22, 2021
I'm also in a similar dilemma even though I'm yet to file my PR/CEC in May 2023. My passport will expire in Dec end 2023. I already have done my PCC so I'm trying to avoid renewing my passport (as I will have to reapply for PCC).

I hope this isn't an issue if I apply for CEC in May with my passport expiring in Dec (7 months gap). My PGWP will expire in Aug so I'll file for a BOWP in June.

What would you all suggest if I should proceed with applying PR in May with passport expiring in Dec or should I get it renewed along with new pcc?

BC_CEC_Aspirant

Dec 1, 2022
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2023
Med's Done....
22-02-2023
1. Medicals were updated Nov 4th. As per my conversation with ircc this morning, my criminality and eligibility are left and have no started processing yet.
2. Can I continue to work on the old work permit while I apply for BOWP?

Thank you for the help!
1. Congratulations as you have already cleared the MEP/BIL. Hopefully, they will start your criminality and eligibility soon.
2. You can work on your old work permit till it expires, even if you apply for a new passport. Once you get the new passport then you can inform IRCC if your application is still with them under processing.

BC_CEC_Aspirant

Dec 1, 2022
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2023
Med's Done....
22-02-2023
I'm also in a similar dilemma even though I'm yet to file my PR/CEC in May 2023. My passport will expire in Dec end 2023. I already have done my PCC so I'm trying to avoid renewing my passport (as I will have to reapply for PCC).

I hope this isn't an issue if I apply for CEC in May with my passport expiring in Dec (7 months gap). My PGWP will expire in Aug so I'll file for a BOWP in June.

What would you all suggest if I should proceed with applying PR in May with passport expiring in Dec or should I get it renewed along with new pcc?
When does your PCC expire? Usually it is after 6 months of date of issue (you can check on your PCC form the date they issued).
If you get an ITA before your PCC expires you can apply with your current passport. If you don't get an ITA and your PCC expires, then renew your passport and then wait for ITA to apply.

infinitrix

Apr 22, 2021
When does your PCC expire? Usually it is after 6 months of date of issue (you can check on your PCC form the date they issued).
If you get an ITA before your PCC expires you can apply with your current passport. If you don't get an ITA and your PCC expires, then renew your passport and then wait for ITA to apply.
Hi thanks for the quick response. Even though my PCC was issued in Sep.2022, it is an Indian PCC and I believe indian pcc stays valid even after 6 months (if you stay inside Canada and do not travel). So if that is the case should I proceed with my current passport to file PR in May?

BC_CEC_Aspirant

Dec 1, 2022
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2023
Med's Done....
22-02-2023
Hi thanks for the quick response. Even though my PCC was issued in Sep.2022, it is an Indian PCC and I believe Indian pcc stays valid even after 6 months (if you stay inside Canada and do not travel). So if that is the case should I proceed with my current passport to file PR in May?
This is incorrect. - >
Even though my PCC was issued in Sep.2022, it is an Indian PCC and I believe Indian pcc stays valid even after 6 months (if you stay inside Canada and do not travel).
If your PCC was issued in Sep 2022. It will only be valid till Feb 2023. *PCC from any country is only valid for 6 months. You should wait to get your ITA till Feb 2023. If not you should apply for new passport and get a new PCC done and update your profile with new passport.