+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC in Express Entry

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hi

I am creating my profile under CEC, but I do not see any place where I have to choose if I am applying under CEC. The system is asking to quote the funds that I will be carrying with me.

Can someone please help

thank you in advance

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Enter funds available as Zero. That will ensure your profile is ineligible for FSW and eligible for CEC only if you are otherwise eligible for both programs.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It makes a difference only as far as POF is concerned. Under CEC, you won't be asked to provide documents for POF.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oasis.gc1 said:
Hi

I am creating my profile under CEC, but I do not see any place where I have to choose if I am applying under CEC. The system is asking to quote the funds that I will be carrying with me.

Can someone please help

thank you in advance
You create the profile under EE, and the system decides which programs you are eligible for. If it thinks you are eligible for both FSW and CEC, it will send you an FSW invitation, not a CEC one, when your number is drawn. Some people avoid that, and make themselves eligible for CEC only, by putting 0 in the available funds category.

omolomi

Apr 30, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
It makes a difference only as far as POF is concerned. Under CEC, you won't be asked to provide documents for POF.
I beg to differ. I put 0 dollars in my app, to ensure I get CEC only which I did, but was later asked for proof of funds documentation. I have seen other people in this forum with the same situation. So the OP should still be prepared to get asked for proof of funds. But I think the only benefit is that you are not subject to the minimum fund requirement like in FSW, but CIC just wants to see if you can support yourself in Canada.

My two cents.