m.alassaad

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello,

I just started my application for express entry under the Canadian Experience Class option.

I will hit the one year mark in my job here in Canada in a couple of weeks, which makes me eligible for the CEC

I graduated from Canada as an engineer two years ago and I finally got that one year of Canadian work experience (I'm on a post graduation work permit). My question is this:

I am still working with the company for the foreseeable future, and the letter of employment that I signed a year ago when i started did not have an end date and is continuous. Should I still put on my express entry profile that "Yes I do have a valid offer of employment" and this letter from last year would be accepted by IRCC?

I hope my question was clear and please ask me if you did not understand something. If i can use this as an offer of employment then my points would get close to 500.

Thanks!

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I just started my application for express entry under the Canadian Experience Class option.

I will hit the one year mark in my job here in Canada in a couple of weeks, which makes me eligible for the CEC

I graduated from Canada as an engineer two years ago and I finally got that one year of Canadian work experience (I'm on a post graduation work permit). My question is this:

I am still working with the company for the foreseeable future, and the letter of employment that I signed a year ago when i started did not have an end date and is continuous. Should I still put on my express entry profile that "Yes I do have a valid offer of employment" and this letter from last year would be accepted by IRCC?

I hope my question was clear and please ask me if you did not understand something. If i can use this as an offer of employment then my points would get close to 500.

Thanks!
No, you can't. It doesn't count as a job offer without an LMIA.

m.alassaad

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
No, you can't. It doesn't count as a job offer without an LMIA.
But the immigration website says I dont need an LMIA if I:
  1. have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least one year (or an equal amount of part-time work)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

I just completed one year full time with the company im in right now. Doesnt that make me exempt from the LMIA?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
  1. have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least one year (or an equal amount of part-time work)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

I just completed one year full time with the company im in right now. Doesnt that make me exempt from the LMIA?
You misquoted the conditions. You must meet ALL of the conditions 1, 2 & 3.

For Express Entry, your employer doesn’t need an LMIA if you:
  2. have a valid job offer, and
  3. have a valid work permit that is exempt from an LMIA under
    • an international agreement
    • a federal-provincial agreement or
    • the “Canadian interests” category
You don't meet 2 or 3.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

As explained above, you can't just pick one condition. You must meet ALL 3 conditions.