+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Has the applicant been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year?

haritosh82

May 31, 2020
USA
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-04-2020
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Hopefully an easy question. Looking for advice on whether I should answer yes or no to the above EE question?

I will be completing one year with my employer on 9/21/2021 on a closed work permit.
Shall I wait until 9/21 to answer yes to this question and claim 50 points (this will almost guarantee my CEC invitation hoping the next draw is a CEC draw) OR can I answer yes now and hopefully get an ITA in the next draw which should happen on Thursday (fingers crossed)?
I have met CEC eligibility in August and I was awarded related points for CEC in my EE profile. This makes me believe that answer to the above question should also be based on 1560 hours instead of 365 days.

Any insight would be highly appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited:

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
I started on 26 October 2020 and was advised on this forum to wait till 27 October 2021 to apply for CEC. I'd take it the same principle should apply to you. They can reject your application after you get your ITA (potentially even book you for misrepresentation) if you didn't meet one year when you submitted your profile - I've seen it happen.

haritosh82

May 31, 2020
USA
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-04-2020
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
I started on 26 October 2020 and was advised on this forum to wait till 27 October 2021 to apply for CEC. I'd take it the same principle should apply to you. They can reject your application after you get your ITA (potentially even book you for misrepresentation) if you didn't meet one year when you submitted your profile - I've seen it happen.
thanks for your response...you're right, I don't want to take any chances either given that my one year date is just 6 days away but looking at the last draw, I am worried they might stop doing CEC draws and that would make it very hard for me to get the invitation. I guess I will just bite the bullet and wait for the draw after 9/20

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
thanks for your response...you're right, I don't want to take any chances either given that my one year date is just 6 days away but looking at the last draw, I am worried they might stop doing CEC draws and that would make it very hard for me to get the invitation. I guess I will just bite the bullet and wait for the draw after 9/20
Me too - but I've also heard that because it will still be hard to get FSW candidates to come over they may do mixes of All Program and CEC-only draws (that was suggested by Cambell Cohen in a previous blog). You also never know when they'll invite everyone in the pool again like they did earlier this year.