retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rainy_w said:
Sorry for digging this old post.. just hoping to confirm if this is still the way CIC works now. I submitted my application back in July 2014, when I called the service centre, the agent told me that my file was last reviewed March 26, 2015, and it says Recommended Pass. But i haven't receive my Medical Exam request. does this mean that they are waiting for a senior VO to review my file?

The agent also told me that the next review date on file is April 30, 2015. Will i be getting my ME request after that? Or is it only when there are problems with my case then a senior VO is required?

Thanks in advance!
The dates mentioned by the agent could mean anything. It could be the VOs opened them with or without reviewing them. The junior VOs might need to re-review them, or even they could be waiting for the senior VOs to start reviewing them. Have you ordered your gcms notes yet? The dates there might help you better than other people's timeline...

Rainy_w

Feb 13, 2014
retwant said:
The dates mentioned by the agent could mean anything. It could be the VOs opened them with or without reviewing them. The junior VOs might need to re-review them, or even they could be waiting for the senior VOs to start reviewing them. Have you ordered your gcms notes yet? The dates there might help you better than other people's timeline...
I have requested GCMS notes back in Feb, but there was nothing useful at that time, I ordered too early..

Maybe it's time for me to order another one. Just wondering if it's a weird case that they recommended pass but no ME requests..

Letswork14

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Hello people, I did apply on Oct. 14 and received my AOR in late Feb. month but I have not received RCMP request yet, neither for Fingerprint nor for Police Clearance. Please suggest something. I am worried because most of the Oct applicants got RCMP request around March end.

roberto_hongo

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront on 30-07-2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
23-05-2016
Letswork14 said:
Hello people, I did apply on Oct. 14 and received my AOR in late Feb. month but I have not received RCMP request yet, neither for Fingerprint nor for Police Clearance. Please suggest something. I am worried because most of the Oct applicants got RCMP request around March end.
My understanding is that the RCMP request is sent to just selected applicants and not to everyone. So I don't think there is anything to worry even if you haven't received a request. My file reached to CIC at the beginning of Sept, and I didn't receive the RCMP request when other Sept. applicants were receiving one.

scoot

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
roberto_hongo said:
My understanding is that the RCMP request is not sent to just selected applicants and not to everyone. So I don't think there is anything to worry even if you haven't received a request. My file reached to CIC at the beginning of Sept, and I didn't receive the RCMP request when other Sept. applicants were receiving one.
Correct^^^

Not everyone will get an RCMP request,I know that there are around 16 people in Alberta with the same name as me some have criminal records which is probably the reason that I got the request.
I know of several people who never got the RCMP request.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rainy_w said:
I have requested GCMS notes back in Feb, but there was nothing useful at that time, I ordered too early..

Maybe it's time for me to order another one. Just wondering if it's a weird case that they recommended pass but no ME requests..
Even if you got MR and performed them already, your application could be sitting there for no reasons. I know too many people who had such experience. The best way to understand your own case is actually thorough GCMS notes.

Btw, there could be possibility as well that your MR should have been triggered, but the VOs or automated system forgot or delayed sending the request. One of the way to check it is through your Panel Physician (PP). You can try to make an appointment and see if they have the file ready. One of the most common excuses is "I think my MR email might have been lost in the junk mail."