+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cec file application on conditional discharge

Ankit K

Oct 14, 2021
Hi
A friend of mine is on condtional discharge and he applied for pr already under cec. But he is worried way to much because of his charges. He is not convicted and not inadmissible. Is there going to be an issue regarding prior criminal charge. Please help @legalfalcon
thanks

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hi
A friend of mine is on condtional discharge and he applied for pr already under cec. But he is worried way to much because of his charges. He is not convicted and not inadmissible. Is there going to be an issue regarding prior criminal charge. Please help @legalfalcon
thanks
Hi, if it happened in Canada, he is still admissible and won't have any negative impacts on the ongoing application as far as the criminality concerns. Moreover, if you (friend) have the court records, RCMP PCC, etc., and didn't submit them along with the application, do it now via web form instead of the visa officer coming and asks at the later stage of the processing (could cause delays in processing).

Check here for more info (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5312-rehabilitation-persons-inadmissible-canada-past-criminal-activity.html)

Reactions: Ankit K

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi
thanks
Using works like charge and conditional discharge without the details is just like shooting the arrow in the dark. If you say you are not inadmissible, then I do not see a concern.

However, unless the charge is known, the conditions on which the discharge happens is known no one can predict an outcome.