+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC express entry and Quebec

msayagh

May 7, 2020
I am at an advanced stage in my express entry (CEC), I already passed the medical exam and done with biometrics. So far, my application is on the background check (I got the invitation in December and applied in February). Now, I got a job offer that I always dreamt of from Quebec. Now, I'm living in Ontario. I know that I can't land in Quebec with an express entry PR. I'm not sure if I have any other options. By the way, I can get a CSQ from Quebec since I got a diploma from Montreal. Is it possible to land with express entry confirmation and CSQ on hand? Do I have other choices?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Usually, you apply to IRCC for PR after getting CSQ. This a paper-based process separate from Express Entry. Honestly, I am not sure if you can get away with COPR and CSQ. The CBSA officer validating your COPR may think that you're misrepresenting if you tell them you are going to Quebec. As a part of the Express Entry process, you would have declared the province you are most likely going to settle (I am assuming it's Ontario). So, if you contradict that, it will raise suspicions. Personally. I would not take such risks. Let's say you indicated you want to settle in Alberta, but change it to Ontario at the time of landing, it won't be a big deal as you can land anywhere but Quebec, assuming you are not nominated by a province.

msayagh

May 7, 2020
Thanks for your answer. Do you think it's still a problem even if I stay living in my Ontario address and work in Quebec?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Thanks for your answer. Do you think it's still a problem even if I stay living in my Ontario address and work in Quebec?
Do you mean living in the Capital area region and commuting to work in Quebec? I am not sure. That might work as it's in the grey area. I don't think an officer is going to ask you where you are going to work when you land. All they ask is for a Canadian mailing address so you can get your PR card. As long as it's outside Quebec, you should be fine. Just make sure you were not nominated by a province.