+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC draws - NOC specific

KP1001

Dec 27, 2019
Hi guys,

As the immigration minister said once the Bill C-19 will pass & become a law, then there would oriented NOC specific draws which will the change the express entry system.

So did he meant that the traditional high ranking CRS score draw system will be completely replaced?

Please lemme know your opinions & speculations.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,

As the immigration minister said once the Bill C-19 will pass & become a law, then there would oriented NOC specific draws which will the change the express entry system.

So did he meant that the traditional high ranking CRS score draw system will be completely replaced?

Please lemme know your opinions & speculations.

Thanks!
There are a number of threads discussing this already. Short answer is that no one knows.

When a NOC-specific system was in several years ago (before Express Entry), it was on a first in first out basis. My opinion is that it's unlikely to go to that system again. Instead, they will still pick the highest scores but it will be restricted to certain NOCs. But that's just a guess.

KP1001

Dec 27, 2019
There are a number of threads discussing this already. Short answer is that no one knows.

When a NOC-specific system was in several years ago (before Express Entry), it was on a first in first out basis. My opinion is that it's unlikely to go to that system again. Instead, they will still pick the highest scores but it will be restricted to certain NOCs. But that's just a guess.
Sounds right, but I personally think that they will invite who have the highest CRS score the traditional way & some percentage of candidates invited in a particular draw/year will be NOC specific.