+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC draw delayed?

lost_soul

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hello everyone,

I'm eligible for FSWP and CEC so I have applied for an ITA (563 score) on Aug 19th, to apply to CEC eventually. and It's now been more than 3 weeks since the CEC last draw on Aug 19th 2021. Last time this happened was in March 2020 (1 month delay between 2 draws) and August 2020 (which was the last draw of 2020).

Are there going to be any more CEC draws this year? I'm guessing the situation in Afghanistan is probably also delaying things. Does anyone have any information about this?
I've been waiting for months to be eligible and apply for CEC and I'd be pretty sad if there were no more draws this year...

Thank you!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds.html

haritosh82

May 31, 2020
USA
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-04-2020
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Hello everyone,

I'm eligible for FSWP and CEC so I have applied for an ITA (563 score) on Aug 19th, to apply to CEC eventually. and It's now been more than 3 weeks since the CEC last draw on Aug 19th 2021. Last time this happened was in March 2020 (1 month delay between 2 draws) and August 2020 (which was the last draw of 2020).

Are there going to be any more CEC draws this year? I'm guessing the situation in Afghanistan is probably also delaying things. Does anyone have any information about this?
I've been waiting for months to be eligible and apply for CEC and I'd be pretty sad if there were no more draws this year...

Thank you!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds.html
why are you worried if you have a score of 563...you will get an ITA in either of the draws - FSW or CEC whichever happens next.

Reactions: Naturgrl

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Hello everyone,

Thank you!

Are you gloating or something? How do you even get a 563 score??

lost_soul

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
My goal is not to gloat at all guys. I am actually moving from QC to Ontario. I've been living hell for the last 3 years in Quebec, their bureaucrats are either losing my documents or rejecting my applications by mistake. I've been through a lot and managed to have an MP help me fix my situation and mistakes made by quebec immigrations.
Moving to Toronto is my last hope after the hell I've lived in Quebec, so I'm really just anxious that I might face other unexpected events like documents getting lost 'randomly' or for example no more CEC draws this year...

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
My goal is not to gloat at all guys. I am actually moving from QC to Ontario. I've been living hell for the last 3 years in Quebec, their bureaucrats are either losing my documents or rejecting my applications by mistake. I've been through a lot and managed to have an MP help me fix my situation and mistakes made by quebec immigrations.
Moving to Toronto is my last hope after the hell I've lived in Quebec, so I'm really just anxious that I might face other unexpected events like documents getting lost 'randomly' or for example no more CEC draws this year...
Sorry to hear that, but you have a score of 563 right? Wouldn't that make you eligible even for FSW?

samishere

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi friends,
I am on a closed LMIA work permit and have completed 1 year in the same job which got me the work permit and I'll continue to work in the same job based on the closed work permit clause, so should I also be claiming additional points under 'have valid job offer' section? If yes, then would I require a new job offer again from my employer as a proof in addition to the job reference letter?
OR am I not eligible to claim any points for this section for being on closed work permit? Pls advise. Thanks.

lost_soul

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Sorry to hear that, but you have a score of 563 right? Wouldn't that make you eligible even for FSW?
It would yes, and I've actualy been invited yesterday for CEC lol funny timing. I'd prefer CEC b/c it's for people already in Canada and I've been reading it makes processing potentially faster

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
It would yes, and I've actualy been invited yesterday for CEC lol funny timing. I'd prefer CEC b/c it's for people already in Canada and I've been reading it makes processing potentially faster
Would you mind sharing a screenshot of what documents they have asked you to provide? Also, what NOC did you pick as your primary? Cheers, it'll e really useful for all of us.