+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - December 2022 AOR ******

Deekyu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
so far common belief was that once eligibility is confirmed then only ircc would start doing background check which makes sense as why waste time and energy on candidates who don’t even pass eligibility. my guess is, it’s just lack of updates from different officers who will not mark eligibility completed and wait until final results
Nope, I have the GCMS notes and eligibility was really started way after security is done. That happened to a few others I know as well. It's IRCC and we never truly know their processes anyway.

CanadaVisaUser01

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Nope, I have the GCMS notes and eligibility was really started way after security is done. That happened to a few others I know as well. It's IRCC and we never truly know their processes anyway.
Couldn't agree more with your last point. All I wish for everyone is that their file keeps moving in the direction of completion in timely manner.

Reactions: bond7890 and cz999

onkaar2021

Mar 30, 2023
How long is it taking for the PR card to be delivered after eCOPR download ? My eCOPR was available on 14th, and am planning to book tickets to India for Travel in late May.
Shall I go ahead and book tickets or wait for some update on portal 2 ?

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
How long is it taking for the PR card to be delivered after eCOPR download ? My eCOPR was available on 14th, and am planning to book tickets to India for Travel in late May.
Shall I go ahead and book tickets or wait for some update on portal 2 ?
Currently the processing time is 37 days and seems like that’s indeed the avg time for the card. Late May could be a bit tight especially with the strike happening right now.

Reactions: LM10

kasra545

Sep 22, 2021
I am sure you checked your junk or spam folders. Hope you get it soon my friend. Maybe try emailing them again once they are done with the strike?
I emailed them yesterday as a follow-up; not expecting to hear back from them anytime soon. Let see when I can get the second email! Cheers!

Reactions: cz999

stickmanpj

Oct 14, 2021
Fernie, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-10-2021
Is it normal for background verification to be in progress in tracker while eligibility is not started? I was under the impression that background verification was the last thing to get updated & completed? Not sure if those who have had PR are still on here, but anyone had their BG verification completed before eligibility?
I'm on your same boat. Also I received GMCS notes last week, and it shows that Criminality and Info Sharing were completed (part of the background check), but Eligibility and Security had not started. My tracker changed to "Background: In Progress" yesterday as well. I wonder what the hell it all means hahaha

bond7890

Nov 11, 2022
I'm on your same boat. Also I received GMCS notes last week, and it shows that Criminality and Info Sharing were completed (part of the background check), but Eligibility and Security had not started. My tracker changed to "Background: In Progress" yesterday as well. I wonder what the hell it all means hahaha
just want to be sure I am not time traveling - your AOR is Oct 2021? :O

stickmanpj

Oct 14, 2021
Fernie, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-10-2021
just want to be sure I am not time traveling - your AOR is Oct 2021? :O
Lol I haven't updated my profile. My AOR is Dec 25th, that's from my old application (was rejected for submitting the wrong ECA from WES - a generic one instead of the IRCC specific version ¬¬)

Reactions: bond7890

CanadaVisaUser01

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Background consist of three parts, two parts ( criminality and info sharing) can happen before eligibility is reviewed. the third part, security, “usually” starts after eligibility is completed or marked recommend pass ( tracker could say eligibility not started ) , but again, IRCC can be sporadic :p