+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - December 2022 AOR ******

nupsa

Jun 17, 2019
I was in the same situation. AOR dec 01, my application was stuck at background for a long time. I sent an email to the visa office, stated references from gmcs notes and copied the immigration minister (sean fraser at the time) the next day the background changed to completed. People did the same and their application was completed too. I find that sometimes its completed but its just stuck and ircc doesn't process. So you might wanna send those emails as well, to your processing office (mine was Etobicoke according to gcms notes) and copy the immigration minister. Ask why some steps have been completed, its way over processing time and its seems to be stuck in background check.
Hi, thank you for your response. Did you quote specific steps from the GCMS notes or just the tracker? I have applied for the gcms notes a week ago. Hopefully get it soon.

nupsa

Jun 17, 2019
Thank you so much for your advice. I will apply for CSIS also.
Once you get the GCMS notes read and find when the Security started even for normal processing it can take a month or 2. Sometimes like my case the officer becomes lazy and doesn't pick the file for review for a few months. Good luck. Enhanced security is usually mentioned as Comprehensive check or C-Check in the GCMS notes, try ordering for CSIS also.
Also a month ago I had contacted local MP who told me that IRCC is waiting on information from an external partner for confirm security eligibility. Also he told me I may have served either in the police or in the armed forces but I have done neither. Do you know if that means enhanced security?

• Wow
Reactions: Lord_Tony

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Also a month ago I had contacted local MP who told me that IRCC is waiting on information from an external partner for confirm security eligibility. Also he told me I may have served either in the police or in the armed forces but I have done neither. Do you know if that means enhanced security?
Yes Defence forces work back home often delays the background check.

Jan 3, 2024
Hey, my CBSA notes just say "File reviewed. Security in progress". Does this qualify as comprehensive security check? Or like Lord_Tony mentioned, has my officer just put my file to the side?

As a side note, the due date for my security was January 4, 2024 and has since passed. Would this trigger, push things along? Security screening is a separate item and says was received by CBSA in March, 2023.

Any insights or suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks all for your help.

Jaspreet1516

Nov 23, 2023
I was in the same situation. AOR dec 01, my application was stuck at background for a long time. I sent an email to the visa office, stated references from gmcs notes and copied the immigration minister (sean fraser at the time) the next day the background changed to completed. People did the same and their application was completed too. I find that sometimes its completed but its just stuck and ircc doesn't process. So you might wanna send those emails as well, to your processing office (mine was Etobicoke according to gcms notes) and copy the immigration minister. Ask why some steps have been completed, its way over processing time and its seems to be stuck in background check.
My AOR is July 19th, 2023 under CEC. everything is completed on tracker except BG check. Background is in process since Nov 2023. I so worried. its almost 8 months under cec. Any suggestion what to do?