+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC CRS 448: Should I give new IELTS or wait?

karanbir498

May 5, 2019
Hey all,

I have 448 points (CEC), and noticed that pre-covid levels were mostly 460+.
I did some silly things in IELTS which I can easily improve on, but just wanted some opinions on this score. Should I re-take IELTS or wait a few months? I just applied for Extress Entry last week.

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
What was your IELTS score? By all means re-take it, now that you've already taken it before you'll be much better prepared for it this time around, there's no limit on how many times you can re-take your IELTS!! Easiest way to increase your CRS score. Go for it!

Reactions: karanbir498

karanbir498

May 5, 2019
Hey all,

I have 448 points (CEC), and noticed that pre-covid levels were mostly 460+.
I did some silly things in IELTS which I can easily improve on, but just wanted some opinions on this score. Should I re-take IELTS or wait a few months? I just applied for Extress Entry last week.
What was your IELTS score? By all means re-take it, now that you've already taken it before you'll be much better prepared for it this time around, there's no limit on how many times you can re-take your IELTS!! Easiest way to increase your CRS score. Go for it!
Thanks guys, I'll retake the IELTS. My score was:

L: 7.5
W: 7
S: 8
R - 8.5
---
Total: 8

Reactions: Hchadda

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
Awesome, take your time with it, practice, take classes if you need to, with the scores you have right now, i don't see why you can't get 9 avg all across the board, you are up there already!! Read books, novels, newspapers, articles, etc, in my opinion, those are the best tools to help with a new language!!!!

Good luck my friend!!

karanbir498

May 5, 2019
what an awesome score !!! How can you just receive only 448 ??
Here's the score-breakdown, if you are curious (I had 3+ years of course and currently hold full-time job since over a year, but without LMIA):
---

Comprehensive ranking system (CRS)
The CRS is the points-based system we use to assess and score your profile and rank you in the Express Entry pool.

Your overall score 448

Score breakdown
Score breakdown

Human capital
Your score is based on factors such as your skills, education, Canadian work experience and language ability.

Human capital
CriteriaScore
CRS - Human Capital - Age110
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education120
CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency122
CRS - Human Capital - Second Official Language Proficiency0
CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience40

Spouse
Your spouse's score is based on their level of education, language ability and Canadian work experience.

Spouse
CriteriaScore
CRS - Spouse - Level of Education0
CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency0
CRS - Spouse - Canadian Work Experience0

Skill transferability
Your score is based on your education, job experience and relevant qualifications (for trade occupations).

Skill transferability
CriteriaScore
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education26
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience0
CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification0

Other
Your score is based on factors such as a job offer, a nomination from a province or territory, siblings, French language skills and post-secondary Canadian education.

Other
CriteriaScore
CRS - Arranged Employment0
Provincial/Territorial Nomination0
CRS - Additional - PR or Canadian Sibling0
CRS - Canadian education30
CRS - Additional - French Proficiency or Bilingualism0

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Here's the score-breakdown, if you are curious (I had 3+ years of course and currently hold full-time job since over a year, but without LMIA):
---

Comprehensive ranking system (CRS)
The CRS is the points-based system we use to assess and score your profile and rank you in the Express Entry pool.

Your overall score 448

Score breakdown
Score breakdown

Human capital
Your score is based on factors such as your skills, education, Canadian work experience and language ability.

Human capital
CriteriaScore
CRS - Human Capital - Age110
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education120
CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency122
CRS - Human Capital - Second Official Language Proficiency0
CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience40

Spouse
Your spouse's score is based on their level of education, language ability and Canadian work experience.

Spouse
CriteriaScore
CRS - Spouse - Level of Education0
CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency0
CRS - Spouse - Canadian Work Experience0

Skill transferability
Your score is based on your education, job experience and relevant qualifications (for trade occupations).

Skill transferability
CriteriaScore
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education26
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience0
CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification0

Other
Your score is based on factors such as a job offer, a nomination from a province or territory, siblings, French language skills and post-secondary Canadian education.

Other
CriteriaScore
CRS - Arranged Employment0
Provincial/Territorial Nomination0
CRS - Additional - PR or Canadian Sibling0
CRS - Canadian education30
CRS - Additional - French Proficiency or Bilingualism0
The score for a single applicant in their 20s with a Canadian bachelor's degree, one year of Canadian work experience, and perfect English scores is 474, so you can really see how a better IELTS result is all you need to be competitive. If you can just increase your listening score up to 8 it will unlock the bonus points for being above CLB 9 in all areas.

abhishek555

Jun 1, 2020
Hi.

I am grateful to this forum which helps us clarify many questions and provide advice for our doubts. I have received an Invite to Apply for Permanent residence on 09/30/2020. I took my IELTS exam on 09/29/2018 which is two years ago from now.

Since it will 2 years from the exam date and may be expired, Can I still use my old IELTS and fill the online application?

Will they consider my old IELTS for which I have received ITA and apply or will get rejected.

If that is not valid, Do I need to take a test again before filling the electronic Application for Permanent Residence (eAPR) and submit the new score?

Also curious is there any validity on WES? Since I have received my WES report around 2 years ago.

It would be great if you could provide your insight on the IELTS retake
Thank you for your time and effort in advance