+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Criteria met but lower points than before

Jul 26, 2012
Hey Guys, I am a bit confused. I have been invited to apply under CEC I scored 468 points.

Now I am in the process of submitting the documents but I could not get Reference Letter of 2 previous employers (Company went out of bussiness) so I deleted those jobs from work History so the system don´t ask for documents that I can not get regarding those employers.

Now there is this "calculate your score" button I have not seen before on the first part of the application and looks that my score has decreased to 418 because of less work experience I guess,

However according to the same calculator I still meet the Canadian Experience Class criteria because I am currently working and living in Canada since January 2017, so I still have 12 months of experience in the last 3 years.

My score is 418 now, before it was 468 and the min score invited to apply in the round I was invited was 442, do you think my application will be rejected because of low points? Please I need some clarification if somebody can help.

Thanks

Santiago

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys, I am a bit confused. I have been invited to apply under CEC I scored 468 points.

Now I am in the process of submitting the documents but I could not get Reference Letter of 2 previous employers (Company went out of bussiness) so I deleted those jobs from work History so the system don´t ask for documents that I can not get regarding those employers.

Now there is this "calculate your score" button I have not seen before on the first part of the application and looks that my score has decreased to 418 because of less work experience I guess,

However according to the same calculator I still meet the Canadian Experience Class criteria because I am currently working and living in Canada since January 2017, so I still have 12 months of experience in the last 3 years.

My score is 418 now, before it was 468 and the min score invited to apply in the round I was invited was 442, do you think my application will be rejected because of low points? Please I need some clarification if somebody can help.

Thanks

Santiago

Yes, it will get rejected.

broutilde

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
You lost points on "foreign work experience". If you can't get experience letters from those companies because they went out of business, try to compensate with: paystubs, letter from a previous co-worker, contracts, etc. Everything you can gather to prove that you were working here, full time, xx hours per week, with xxxxx duties/responsabilities. This is your only way...

Jul 26, 2012
You need to make sure you still meet

• the minimum entry criteria for the federal program you were invited under and
  • the minimum comprehensive ranking score (CRS) for your round of invitation.