+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - CLASS: Help to Choose VISA OFFICE(Toronto or New Delhi)..?

Ashish Kaul

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So means i have to apply in India. But in that case now i know i have to send file to Sydney but finally where will i send my Passport for PR stamping.? (when applied application in India)

yosemite

Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2012
AOR Received.
November 13, 2012
Med's Request
March 29, 2013, RPRF and BIODATA request - April 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 8, 2013 Recd by CPP-O on April 22, 2013, Ecas updated to meds recd on April 30, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14, 2013 ( Ecas showed DM on May 5, 2013),PP reached CPPO on May 17 and returned on June 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 3, 2013
LANDED..........
June 22, 2013
Ashish Kaul said:
So means i have to apply in India. But in that case now i know i have to send file to Sydney but finally where will i send my Passport for PR stamping.? (when applied application in India)
OTTAWA ! You have to send your pp to OTTAWA for PR stamping even if you apply from India and are living in India. I explained that to you in my earlier posts.

Ashish Kaul

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phheewwww....

I am still not clear about that PR stamping location. If the location is same in either case(applying from Canada or India) then whats the difference??

I mean i am more concerned about how will i send my PP for stamping if its not done in India in case i apply in India.

yosemite

Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2012
AOR Received.
November 13, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 8, 2013 Recd by CPP-O on April 22, 2013, Ecas updated to meds recd on April 30, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14, 2013 ( Ecas showed DM on May 5, 2013),PP reached CPPO on May 17 and returned on June 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 3, 2013
LANDED..........
June 22, 2013
Ashish Kaul said:
Phheewwww....

I am still not clear about that PR stamping location. If the location is same in either case(applying from Canada or India) then whats the difference??

- As of now, PR stamping is done in Ottawa if you apply from inside Canada or from outside Canada ie in your case India. There is no difference in the process wherever you apply from.

You send your papers to Sydney, they forward it to Ottawa where your file gets processed and you send your passports to Ottawa for stamping (even if you are in India).

I mean i am more concerned about how will i send my PP for stamping if its not done in India in case i apply in India.
- Stamping is not done in India..you have to make arrangements to send your passports to Ottawa. for this you either need to get a visa to travel to Canada to submit your passports or send it through a friend. Phew !!

If you search the forum, you will find many cases where applicants in India have sent pps through DHL...after getting a clearance from the ministry of external affairs...you will find info on this forum if you search.

Ashish Kaul

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So that means in either locations(to submit and start application), i have to face that problem of sending the PP for PR Stamping.. Pheewww
Also
In order to show 1 year of Exp(Full Time) i have to give company written letter, which unfortunately my company does not provide for PR applicants. How should i deal with this situation.??

I am planning to show all my salary slips(which has start date and end date) and my T4 form.

Please suggest the best way out on this...!!

yosemite

Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2012
AOR Received.
November 13, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 3, 2013
LANDED..........
June 22, 2013
Ashish Kaul said:
So that means in either locations(to submit and start application), i have to face that problem of sending the PP for PR Stamping.. Pheewww

LOL ...FINALLY ! Yes that's correct...

Also
In order to show 1 year of Exp(Full Time) i have to give company written letter, which unfortunately my company does not provide for PR applicants. How should i deal with this situation.??

I am planning to show all my salary slips(which has start date and end date) and my T4 form.

Please suggest the best way out on this...!!

Unfortunately, the employer letter giving all the details and the duties and responsibilities is a MUST. Submitting an application without this will lead to REJECTION. There is no other way out....you have to get the letter. There have been many rejections because of not providing this letter.

Dilli

Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
05-09-2012
Med's Request
Didnt come since advance Medicals
Med's Done....
Sep' 2012 (Advanced)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2013
LANDED..........
24-09-2013
Ashish Kaul said:
Phheewwww....

Hi Ashish - You never apply PR in India. You apply from India and you post your application to Nova Scotia Canada. Apply in India would mean apply at CHC Delhi, which you cant do for CEC. So basically whereever you apply your PR from, the application needs to be send to NS, and stamping happens at CPP-O. Hope this clarifies :)

aaad

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Hey Ashish

I was in the same situation as yours few weeks back.I was totally confused since i was in India and had to send my passport to Ottawa for visa stamping.What i did was i applied for a visitor visa and i got it in just 3 days.So,dont worry about this last step.Just attach a letter which you will get regarding submission of your passport to Ottawa and you'll definitely get a visitor visa.Hope this will help

niceguy24

Jun 24, 2013
Hi aaad,

So, did you personally go and submit passport at Ottawa for visa stamping or you sent through courier from some other city in Canada ? And how much time required to get passport back ?

Please let us know.