+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC cap has been reached?

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
Hey Guys,

I spent enough time reading all the posts and only found that yet no one has proper answer from CIC regarding cap has been reached or not, instead of wasting time asking call center where different people are getting different answers why don't we ask CIC in direct and by that you will know straight forward if cap has been reached or not.

how??

simply go to twitter and post the question @CitImmCanada , also post the URL which is saying that 8000 cap has been reached and other URL which says 4000 something out of 8000

At least people will be relieved if they see confirmed answer from CIC on twitter.

The only reason to ask them in twitter is, as it is conflicting with their own info and not enough information is posted on CIC website if CEC cap has been reached or not.

so guys, go ahead and ask the question. Utilize the technology :)

Thanks,

JumpingJacks

Dec 2, 2014
Hi Everyone,
Seeing the last few posts particularly on the Express Entry I decided to do a little digging and share what I found. From what I found, as long as you submitted and CC was charged then (a) you fell within the cap and (b) your application will be processed according to the laws in place at the time your application was received (see below).
Anyway, thought I should add my two cents to the conversation. I hope it helps and correct me if I am wrong :D
Cheers folks!!

cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#7

7. What will happen to permanent residence applications you receive before the launch of Express Entry?

Applications received by CIC before the launch of Express Entry will be processed according to the rules in place at that time.

Guidelines for processing new and existing FSW, FST and CEC applications
All FSW, FST and CEC applications will be considered according to the date they are received at the CIO. In calculating the overall and occupation-specific caps, applications will be considered by the CIO according to the date of receipt and in accordance with routine office procedures.

MI12 does not apply to FSW, FST and CEC applications received before May 1, 2014. All FSW, FST and CEC applications received by the CIO before this date shall continue to be considered for processing subject to the program requirements and Ministerial Instructions in effect at the time of application receipt.

The CIO will assess FSW, FST and CEC applications received on or after May 1, 2014, against the criteria described in MI12 to determine whether the application is eligible for processing. The CIO will make a final determination of eligibility for processing. Applications that receive a negative eligibility determination at the CIO will be returned to the applicant and fees will not be collected. If the CIO makes a positive eligibility determination, the application will be placed into processing and the applicant will no longer be eligible for a refund. (So, I believe if your CC has been charged, you are within the cap)

In all cases, applications placed into processing are still subject to the requirements of the FSW Program, the FST Program and the CEC, and all other applicable requirements under the IRPA.

Instructions for processing CEC applications

Complete CEC applications received by the CIO on or after May 1, 2014, whose applicants meet the language threshold set by the Minister for each language skill area (speaking, oral comprehension, reading and writing), for their occupational skill level; that do not exceed the caps set out above; and whose applicants are not claiming work experience only in one or more of the six ineligible occupations listed above in support of their application, shall be placed into processing.

cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2014/ob572.asp

Limit on the number of CEC applications to be processed

A maximum of 8,000 new, complete CEC applications will be considered for processing for the period of May 1, 2014, until April 30, 2015, unless otherwise indicated in a future Ministerial Instruction.

"In calculating the caps, applications will be considered in order of the date they are received. Applications received on the same date will be considered for processing having regard to routine office procedures." taken from; gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-04-26/html/notice-avis-eng.php#d107_a

DECEMBER 1 2014 UPDATE

Instructions for managing certain permanent resident applications in the Economic Class:
Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Class, and Canadian Experience Class

These Instructions repeal, as of January 1, 2015, the Ministerial Instructions issued pursuant to section 87.3 of the IRPA and published in the Canada Gazette on April 26, 2014, for the management of applications in the Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Class, and Canadian Experience Class. For greater clarity, the repeal does not affect the processing of applications received prior to January 1, 2015, and considered under previous Ministerial Instructions issued pursuant to section 87.3, including the Instructions published in the Canada Gazette on April 26, 2014.

gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/html/extra10-eng.php

So guys, don't worry, be happy!! :)

ShriJ

Dec 1, 2014
When you call to CIC, please just ask if cap is reached or not. Don't tell that there is one link where it is mentioned that cap is reached. In this case, they may not search but will give the same answer. Just ask if its reached or not. :p

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
JumpingJacks said:
Hi Everyone,
Seeing the last few posts particularly on the Express Entry I decided to do a little digging and share what I found. From what I found, as long as you submitted and CC was charged then (a) you fell within the cap and (b) your application will be processed according to the laws in place at the time your application was received (see below).
Anyway, thought I should add my two cents to the conversation. I hope it helps and correct me if I am wrong :D
Cheers folks!!

cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#7

7. What will happen to permanent residence applications you receive before the launch of Express Entry?

Applications received by CIC before the launch of Express Entry will be processed according to the rules in place at that time.

Guidelines for processing new and existing FSW, FST and CEC applications
All FSW, FST and CEC applications will be considered according to the date they are received at the CIO. In calculating the overall and occupation-specific caps, applications will be considered by the CIO according to the date of receipt and in accordance with routine office procedures.

MI12 does not apply to FSW, FST and CEC applications received before May 1, 2014. All FSW, FST and CEC applications received by the CIO before this date shall continue to be considered for processing subject to the program requirements and Ministerial Instructions in effect at the time of application receipt.

The CIO will assess FSW, FST and CEC applications received on or after May 1, 2014, against the criteria described in MI12 to determine whether the application is eligible for processing. The CIO will make a final determination of eligibility for processing. Applications that receive a negative eligibility determination at the CIO will be returned to the applicant and fees will not be collected. If the CIO makes a positive eligibility determination, the application will be placed into processing and the applicant will no longer be eligible for a refund. (So, I believe if your CC has been charged, you are within the cap)

In all cases, applications placed into processing are still subject to the requirements of the FSW Program, the FST Program and the CEC, and all other applicable requirements under the IRPA.

Instructions for processing CEC applications

Complete CEC applications received by the CIO on or after May 1, 2014, whose applicants meet the language threshold set by the Minister for each language skill area (speaking, oral comprehension, reading and writing), for their occupational skill level; that do not exceed the caps set out above; and whose applicants are not claiming work experience only in one or more of the six ineligible occupations listed above in support of their application, shall be placed into processing.

cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2014/ob572.asp

Limit on the number of CEC applications to be processed

A maximum of 8,000 new, complete CEC applications will be considered for processing for the period of May 1, 2014, until April 30, 2015, unless otherwise indicated in a future Ministerial Instruction.

"In calculating the caps, applications will be considered in order of the date they are received. Applications received on the same date will be considered for processing having regard to routine office procedures." taken from; gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-04-26/html/notice-avis-eng.php#d107_a

DECEMBER 1 2014 UPDATE

Instructions for managing certain permanent resident applications in the Economic Class:
Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Class, and Canadian Experience Class

These Instructions repeal, as of January 1, 2015, the Ministerial Instructions issued pursuant to section 87.3 of the IRPA and published in the Canada Gazette on April 26, 2014, for the management of applications in the Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Class, and Canadian Experience Class. For greater clarity, the repeal does not affect the processing of applications received prior to January 1, 2015, and considered under previous Ministerial Instructions issued pursuant to section 87.3, including the Instructions published in the Canada Gazette on April 26, 2014.

gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/html/extra10-eng.php

Good Job!

Other than that I counted total NOC B applications showing on CIC website is 1371. And 4537-1371=3166 which is the total number of combined NOC 0 and A applications. So, I believe we shouldn't be worried as it looks impossible for cap to reach its max in one week.

So guys, don't worry, be happy!! :)

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
so those who are sending their application in dec should be worried ??

exp7

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
PMM said:
Hi

Remember that page shows only Noc "B" applications, it doesn't show NOC O&A
Hi PMM

The page shows the total applications received!!!!
And NOT ONLY -->NOC B
"Total" means the sum of applications A+B+0

Thank you,
Exp7

mel713

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Calgary AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-01-2015
Med's Request
10-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
21-04-2016
xecuter said:
Well if they are still charging credit cards as of today for sept applicants seems to me that they will proceed with application received prior to that date. So you should be okay.

I mean it does not make any sense to charge cards of sept 10th applicants on Dec 2nd and return those applications a month later. Why the waste of their time?

I think the CIC page that states that the cap has been reached could be that they are currently in a stage where they don't want to accept any new applications say from December and sort out all the existing ones and issue AORs to eligible applicants accordingly.

That's just my 2 cents and I may be wrong.
Agree. But it is also possible that the whole process is handled by different departments which they may only focus on their parts, such as the financial department staff only in charge of processing credit card/bank draft fees once they receive those files that passed the first round completeness check; while the decision making people recently did their calculation and found cap is reached/or close to be reached, and they let the IT department post the warning notes online. But at the mean while, the other department staff is still working on their parts (ex. Keeping charging fees and stamp received applications), as they haven’t got any notices about the cap limit updates. Or there are the delays in their internal communication.

Remember that the fees they charged can always be send back to us and it is not a very complicated matter to them, once the finance department received the cut off order. We cannot assume that fees got charged means safe unless we know the cut off date officially.

Still in danger for us that haven’t got AORs.

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
mel713 said:
Agree. But it is also possible that the whole process is handled by different departments which they may only focus on their parts, such as the financial department staff only in charge of processing credit card/bank draft fees once they receive those files that passed the first round completeness check; while the decision making people recently did their calculation and found cap is reached/or close to be reached, and they let the IT department post the warning notes online. But at the mean while, the other department staff is still working on their parts (ex. Keeping charging fees and stamp received applications), as they haven't got any notices about the cap limit updates. Or there are the delays in their internal communication.

Remember that the fees they charged can always be send back to us and it is not a very complicated matter to them, once the finance department received the cut off order. We cannot assume that fees got charged means safe unless we know the cut off date officially.

Still in danger for us that haven't got AORs.
My thoughts exactly. +1!

Acrylicus

Dec 21, 2012
**UPDATE**

I just spoke to the CIC call center on the phone, they informed me they have been flooded with this question and have asked Ottowa.

Their ETA on an answer is the end of next week.

Apparently it takes over a week for Ottowa to respond to an internal email. Sounds efficient.

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
j78wu said:
If the cap reached, will they still process applications which has NOA and money paid?
NOA? You mean AOR? Yes they will.

Acrylicus

Dec 21, 2012
**********UPDATE**************

THE PAGE HAS BEEN UPDATED AS OF TODAY, THERE IS NO LONGER A MESSAGE THAT THE CEC IS FULL
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/cec.asp

REJOICE

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank God !!

there is an update :

cec cap reached mesage has been removed ,,,, omg !!! what a relief !!!

forever21

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Acrylicus said:
**********UPDATE**************

THE PAGE HAS BEEN UPDATED AS OF TODAY, THERE IS NO LONGER A MESSAGE THAT THE CEC IS FULL

REJOICE
8) ;D :D

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Acrylicus said:
**UPDATE**

I just spoke to the CIC call center on the phone, they informed me they have been flooded with this question and have asked Ottowa.

Their ETA on an answer is the end of next week.

Apparently it takes over a week for Ottowa to respond to an internal email. Sounds efficient.
Whoever instructed or did that update will get in deep trouble from the higher ups. Caused too much commotions and maybe even negative outlook on CIC...