08-04-2015
Med's Done....
12-04-2015
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
03-06-2015
Hi

I've been researching for the CEC program from mid Nov 2012 and hearing all the news for new law change.
Most of the people are saying that self-employed is not eligible for CEC.
but after change of law I can't find anything about self employed. cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/graduates.asp
Is the new law change is not mentioning about self-employed period?
Contractor with incorporated is considered as self-employed?
I'm a contractor with an incorporated registered and working for Scotiabank through agency.
For an International student like me its very difficult in this tough job market to get a full time permanent job, but most of the companies are willing to give contract job.
I've already posted several threads in this site and still looking for the answer.

Thanks in advance

Sunny86

May 28, 2018
I'm looking for that too and apparently no one can answer that.
I think you should read this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html

Read every bit of it and also read any sublink within it. This is your final word and no one can answer you better than that.

After reading see where you fit and there is no harm in applying if you dont mind the fee.

Apr 21, 2016
I think you should read this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html

Read every bit of it and also read any sublink within it. This is your final word and no one can answer you better than that.

After reading see where you fit and there is no harm in applying if you dont mind the fee.
Thanks Sunny, I'll tae a look :)

Apr 21, 2016
I think it's very clear now, just reading that:

Indicators showing that the worker is an employee
  • The worker is not usually responsible for any operating expenses.
  • Generally, the working relationship between the worker and the payer is continuous.
  • The worker is not financially liable if he or she does not fulfil the obligations of the contract.
  • The payer chooses and controls the method and amount of pay.
Indicators showing that the worker is a self-employed individual
  • The worker hires helpers to assist in the work. The worker pays the hired helpers.
  • The worker does a substantial amount of work from his or her own workspace and incurs expenses relating to the operation of that workspace.
  • The worker is hired for a specific job rather than an ongoing relationship.
  • The worker is financially liable if he or she does not fulfil the obligations of the contract.
  • The worker does not receive any protection or benefits from the payer.
  • The worker advertises and actively markets his or her services.
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/publications/rc4110/employee-self-employed.html#guide_for_you