Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Just received e-COPR.
My timeline after all stages passed.

May 19th - Portal email confirming basic info (first/last entry , etc..)
May 20th - Received credentials for PR Portal - Uploaded my pic and confirmed address on the same day.
May 27th - Received e-COPR :)
VO : Ottawa & OSC operations

Please give some time and eventually everyone will receive their COPR.
Congrats!!

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
Hi guys. Is it advisable to submit RCMP checks before it is requested or should one wait for a request? Are there cases where they just complete it using the biometrics provided? I read somewhere that submitting before request may help speed up processing.
I mean, if you are AOR October and they didnt ask you for them at this point, its pretty clear they dont need it.

Sending a the RCMP now won't speed the process, in my opinion.

In my case I was never asked, and I got everything passed (except security)

nachi_812

Jan 7, 2021
Category........
CEC
Called the agent : Security is still not started- same status as of my last call which was on 26th April.

God knows when the security will be completed. Rest everything is passed as per the agent.

AOR: 28th Oct 2020
VO: Ottawa

Kerikeri

Nov 29, 2020
I got a ghost update in my profile. It is the second I catch in the last month.

No ideas what they mean. Probably that security has started.

Hopefully getting there soon.
Probably completed.... Wow im glad... My account is still waiting on security... No ghost updates

morpheusmx

Apr 17, 2021
Hey Guys,

Have you ever noticed this status on your BG "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check" ?

Reactions: Patiently_pr

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
I am not that optimistic. When I called on 17th May was not even started.

Nothing would make me more happy than being wrong lol
anything can happen with IRCC. I read some has security completer in 2 weeks...some security hasnt started for month....some stuck at RR just like me....

Kerikeri

Nov 29, 2020
Hey, I read this somewhere. May be it will answer your question:
On MyCIC account Background Check will change twice for most applicants. First it will change in the initial few weeks, and then go back to "Not Applicable" and later in the process again change to, "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." This happens because criminality check and security check are both a part of background check, and when these checks happen, the status changes. It will continue to be in progress the second time until you receive the COPR
But it does change for cec right?