+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applications - Oct 2020 **Join Here**

Cheema07ajashan

Apr 15, 2021
Just called ircc again after a week. Six month mark reached today. Last time my file was reviewed was on March 19 and status remains the same, eligibility recommended pass, criminality pass and security not started yet. No additional documents needed, they have everything they want.

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
Last time someone touched my file was 3rd March: recommended pass. I called last week, and still no movement. Pretty much 2 months without movement, but still fits my model of mid May to end of June for PR :)

@stefi2020 @Mbjw004 @Sidhugagan @Leoda8
It seems like October files were reviewed for eligibility in the first week of March. After that, they are moved on to other stages or left to be reviewed 3 to 4 months later.

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
It seems like October files were reviewed for eligibility in the first week of March. After that, they are moved on to other stages or left to be reviewed 3 to 4 months later.

I also think that despite my notes say Criminality in progress, info sharing in progress, pretty much that is done. Once the officer passes Eligibility, will mark info sharing and criminality as passed, and then only Security remaining. Which might be the problem due to the backlog of applications waiting for security. Technically CEC inland should be a quick check in the database....

louloulemon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Aor October 22 . I ordered my gcms notes in December 20 and it was written recommended pass. Today I called as it is more than 6 months and the agent said review required but no ADR. Don’t know why it’s review required... I may find out on the gcms notes i ordered April 6th

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
Aor October 22 . I ordered my gcms notes in December 20 and it was written recommended pass. Today I called as it is more than 6 months and the agent said review required but no ADR. Don’t know why it’s review required... I may find out on the gcms notes i ordered April 6th
let us know once you received the notes, but I dont think that is possible

Reactions: Patiently_pr

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
what do you mean by you « don’t think that is possible »

To my knowledge, recommended pass, or review required is only made by a case analyst. Then an officer takes the application and have a look at the recommendation of the case analyst. The officer marks it as passed, or not passed.

But to my knowledge the officer does not mark it as review required. If the application is denied because of eligibility, is the officer writing the reason and marking as not passed. But I dont think goes from 'recommended pass' from case analyst to 'review required' by officer.

The normal is recommended pass or review required by case analyst, and then passed, or declined by officer.

In addition, I dont see how an application is checked by two cases analyst, and with two different recommendations. First one marking it as recommend pass, and then a second analyst marks it as review required? That would be a very random judgement of the application, and probably a reason to bring it to court if the application is declined. They cannot say yes, but no, but maybe, but today yes, but tomorrow no.

My best is that the person on the phone didnt give you right information, or confused recommend pass with review required.

Reactions: Mahesh1982

louloulemon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Ok i Understand your explanation . Hopefully I will have the notes next week and I’ll post it here . I really hope you’re right

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Ok i Understand your explanation . Hopefully I will have the notes next week and I’ll post it here . I really hope you’re right
So I have a review required too and only found out with GCMS notes. Agent on phone are not reliable, why? Because i called beginning of april and agent said eligibility is still in progress. BUT when i received my gcms notes (mid april), I found out that updates was made on march 9th with review required.
That's how i know the last update and review required. Agent just told me everything is fine I don't see anything wrong with your file (at taht time, I couldnt know, but it was already review required since march 9th).

Now about the review required....

first, program assistant completed R10....(november/ december)
then march 9th, case processing put review required and my score dropped by 50 points (so I no longer reach the cut off)
now, no updates and the officer is the one to take the decision i guess.

What's next? I will just apply for the new pathway. If you check IRCC twitter, IRCC indicates that you could have 2 programs (EE and new pathway).
I read some threads here saying that applying a second time would slow the process but I think we should take a chance if you are review required.

Reactions: louloulemon

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
I also read a thread saying that if your R10 passed, IRCC can't reject your files without asking ADR, don't know if this is true though.

louloulemon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
So I have a review required too and only found out with GCMS notes. Agent on phone are not reliable, why? Because i called beginning of april and agent said eligibility is still in progress. BUT when i received my gcms notes (mid april), I found out that updates was made on march 9th with review required.
That's how i know the last update and review required. Agent just told me everything is fine I don't see anything wrong with your file (at taht time, I couldnt know, but it was already review required since march 9th).

Now about the review required....

first, program assistant completed R10....(november/ december)
then march 9th, case processing put review required and my score dropped by 50 points (so I no longer reach the cut off)
now, no updates and the officer is the one to take the decision i guess.

What's next? I will just apply for the new pathway. If you check IRCC twitter, IRCC indicates that you could have 2 programs (EE and new pathway).
I read some threads here saying that applying a second time would slow the process but I think we should take a chance if you are review required.
That is very smart I gonna wait the notes first but applying for the new pathway as I am a nurse can also be a solution .

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
That is very smart I gonna wait the notes first but applying for the new pathway as I am a nurse can also be a solution .
do it! of course you would have to pay the fees (again). Personnaly, i don't mind. I d rather do that than wait another 6 months and see my file rejected!

Reactions: louloulemon

louloulemon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
do it! of course you would have to pay the fees (again). Personnaly, i don't mind. I d rather do that than wait another 6 months and see my file rejected!
I will for sure ! I am a bilingual nurse so no limitation for the new pathway that gonna open on may 6th. I might receive the notes by then. I will keep you posted. The big question is how long is it gonna be with the new pathway process to obtain PR ?