+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC application without husband included

dwdw0

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Hello
I am applying for EE without my husband in my application and suppose I would be invited in next draw. We are already living in Canada and my husband has PR.

In my application, I indicated that my husband is not accompanying with me...Did I choose right one?

What documents would I need to submit in regard to my husband and my marriage.. We are just married in Canada so we have Canadian marriage certificate. Should I also prepare to scan his PR card?

Thank you

Reactions: cherrysnow

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello
I am applying for EE without my husband in my application and suppose I would be invited in next draw. We are already living in Canada and my husband has PR.

So, because your husband already has PR, he does not get included as a co-applicant. But the system does not anticipate this (IRCC assumes that someone in your situation would apply for family class).

In my application, I indicated that my husband is not accompanying with me...Did I choose right one?
Yes. However, you *may* still get asked for his documents, because the process always assumes that an applicant's spouse is not a Canadian PR/citizen. (Not sure if this "bug" has been fixed).

But you are not required to provide application forms, PCCs, etc. All you need to do is upload a letter of explanation ("My spouse is already a permanent resident of Canada..." with your marriage certificate and a copy of his PR card.)

cherrysnow

Mar 28, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 17, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 23, 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Hello

What documents would I need to submit in regard to my husband and my marriage.. We are just married in Canada so we have Canadian marriage certificate. Should I also prepare to scan his PR card?

Thank you
Hi,
we have a similar situation.
In your application, does your husband need to resubmit the Police certificate ?