+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC application while applying for CSQ

Natali14

Jul 6, 2014
Hi everybody,
I'm now qualify for CEC, however, I have submitted my CSQ a few months ago. My plan is to apply for CEC and don't continue for CSQ, is that possible? Has anybody personally gone through it to see what would happen?
Also, I live in Montreal, if I become qualify for CEC would they ask me to leave Montreal? In other words, how do they follow that up if somebody really lives outside QC or not?

Thank you

Umer_Ali

Star Member
Apr 23, 2014
You need to show some proof in your application for CEC that you will reside outside Quebec..you can search the forum and will find posts regarding that.....I guess its not that easy to convince VO without residing outside QC...but there might be a way around..

jeeks2012

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
Natali14 said:
Hi everybody,
I'm now qualify for CEC, however, I have submitted my CSQ a few months ago. My plan is to apply for CEC and don't continue for CSQ, is that possible? Has anybody personally gone through it to see what would happen?
Also, I live in Montreal, if I become qualify for CEC would they ask me to leave Montreal? In other words, how do they follow that up if somebody really lives outside QC or not?

Thank you
I read in some posts earlier that, when the CSQ Application is in Progress and try to Apply for CEC.... then the option of CEC getting approved is very little. Also Canada immigration will check with Quebec Immigration whether you applied previously for CSQ and didn't pass through and which lead you to Apply for CEC then the chances are slim.

But if you are able to show good proof that you will be moving out of Quebec you can get it through with CEC.

I think in your case it will be better for you to move out of Quebec before applying for CEC or you are sure that you will be moving out of quebec before the Application get finalized. The Immigration department is closing all the loopholes and making it more strict, in the past may people Applied from quebec for CEC and never moved out of Quebec.

I applied CEC from Montreal but I showed the employer transfer letter and informed Immigration department that I will move out of Quebec on a specific date. My Application got Approved after that date, I never tried for CSQ when I was in Montreal. All my process completed two months back.