+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC application to CPP-Ottawa under implied status

jatts

Oct 6, 2012
hiii ranjith...
did u apply ur permanent residency without work permit..did u got ur work permit ?i have same thing as my nominee would be expire after month but didnt get my work permit yet..plz reply ..
much appreciated
thnx

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
jatts said:
hiii ranjith...
did u apply ur permanent residency without work permit..did u got ur work permit ?i have same thing as my nominee would be expire after month but didnt get my work permit yet..plz reply ..
much appreciated
thnx
When I applied I did not have a valid WP. I was under implied status. The old one had expired and I sent a copy of it along with my application.

jatts

Oct 6, 2012
hii ranjith ..
thanku you very much for the reply..i have one more question what information u filled in the generic form about the status and what dates did u filled..did u got ur work permit..if yes then how much time it will took?
thnx

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
jatts said:
hii ranjith ..
thanku you very much for the reply..i have one more question what information u filled in the generic form about the status and what dates did u filled..did u got ur work permit..if yes then how much time it will took?
thnx
Hi Jatts,

As I was in implied status when I applied, I filled in my status as 'Worker'. 'To Date' was filled as the current date when the application was made.

Current WP processing times as per CIC website can be found in below link (WP extension, 53 days for online and 93 days for paper based applications as of now).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

My case was sort of messed up. My employer did not file LMO on time and the response from Service Canada was delayed, so WP got rejected. Then I finally got my LMO and applied for Status Restoration and new WP.

rohitprimus

Jan 1, 2013
So this means that :'(

worker who qualify for PR under CEC, with Implied Status can Still Apply for PR while in canada, With proper explanation in the cover letter?

Thanks!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
rohitprimus said:
So this means that :'(

worker who qualify for PR under CEC, with Implied Status can Still Apply for PR while in canada, With proper explanation in the cover letter?
If you are actually in implied status, then you are authorized to work/reside in Canada.

But many people misunderstand "implied status."