2015/06/27
Passport Req..
2015/09/29
VISA ISSUED...
2015/10/27
LANDED..........
2015/10/31
Dear all,

I need your advice. I have applied for PR under CEC back in May 2014. I received my acknowledgement letter June 2014. In January 2015, I applied for GCMS report on status and found that my work experience is in second review. The NOC is 0711. Here is the message from GCMS report.

"
LOE/Supporting Docs do NOT appear to match lead statement and/or a substantial number of the main duties under NOC code selected. ... ... ... LANGUAGE: IELTS submitted - Applicant meets benchmarks for work experience at this skill level: 0. ... ... ... RECOMMENDATION: REVIEW REQUIRED BY OFFICER
"

Below are the description from my employment reference letter which i sent along with PR application package.

• Updated project schedule weekly using Primavera P6 to reflect project overall progress.
• Tracked and monitored construction labour unit and quantity installed. Prepared manpower and quantity graphs for project weekly report.
• Maintained Request for Information (RFI)/Non-Conformity Report (NCR) log regularly. Issued RFI/NCR status report weekly to project team.
• Planned weekly and monthly field construction milestones.
• Assisted in generating electrical cables and instrumentations QA/QC survey document to ensure work was completed accurately.
• Assisted procurement manager in reviewing and organizing Scope Change Request (SCR) document and weekly report.

General description for NOC 0711 from hrsdc:

-Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
-Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates
-Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
-Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
-Develop and implement quality control programs
-Represent company on matters such as business services and union contracts negotiation
-Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
-Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions
-Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff

I would like to know if anyone has any similar experience. What is the recommended step to take to help the officer? Should i send a revised employment reference letter? Your recommendation is appreciated. Thank you.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
I can see why the Officer has concerns. The lead statement of NOC 0711 - Construction Managers states the following:

"Construction managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a construction company or a construction department within a company, under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager. They are employed by residential, commercial and industrial construction companies and by construction departments of companies outside the construction industry"

The lead statement suggest that these roles are more of a "managing" role and some of your duties appear to be "supporting" in nature rather than "managing" in nature. Therein lies the concerns of the Officer. You might consider addressing this via email.

edta said:
Dear all,

I need your advice. I have applied for PR under CEC back in May 2014. I received my acknowledgement letter June 2014. In January 2015, I applied for GCMS report on status and found that my work experience is in second review. The NOC is 0711. Here is the message from GCMS report.

"
LOE/Supporting Docs do NOT appear to match lead statement and/or a substantial number of the main duties under NOC code selected. ... ... ... LANGUAGE: IELTS submitted - Applicant meets benchmarks for work experience at this skill level: 0. ... ... ... RECOMMENDATION: REVIEW REQUIRED BY OFFICER
"

Below are the description from my employment reference letter which i sent along with PR application package.

• Updated project schedule weekly using Primavera P6 to reflect project overall progress.
• Tracked and monitored construction labour unit and quantity installed. Prepared manpower and quantity graphs for project weekly report.
• Maintained Request for Information (RFI)/Non-Conformity Report (NCR) log regularly. Issued RFI/NCR status report weekly to project team.
• Assisted in generating electrical cables and instrumentations QA/QC survey document to ensure work was completed accurately.
• Assisted procurement manager in reviewing and organizing Scope Change Request (SCR) document and weekly report.

-Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
-Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
-Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
-Represent company on matters such as business services and union contracts negotiation

I would like to know if anyone has any similar experience. What is the recommended step to take to help the officer? Should i send a revised employment reference letter? Your recommendation is appreciated. Thank you.

Reactions: Tomi2

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What was your job position? How did you choose 0711?

edta

Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
NOC Code......
1122 / 0711
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014/05/12
AOR Received.
2014/06/17
IELTS Request
2014/02/15
File Transfer...
RPRF: 2015/06/19
Med's Request
2015/06/13
Med's Done....
2015/06/27
Passport Req..
2015/09/29
VISA ISSUED...
2015/10/27
LANDED..........
2015/10/31
retwant said:
What was your job position? How did you choose 0711?
It was a Project Coordinator position in the construction field.

I looked at the NOC on HRSDC and 0711 was the one matches more. Let me know if you have any suggestion. Thanks.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Sorry to say that you will have a big problem trying to suggest that a Project Coordinator = Construction Manager OR Project Manager, etc. I will see if I can find you a suitable NOC

edta said:
It was a Project Coordinator position in the construction field.

I looked at the NOC on HRSDC and 0711 was the one matches more. Let me know if you have any suggestion. Thanks.

edta

Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
NOC Code......
1122 / 0711
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014/05/12
AOR Received.
2014/06/17
IELTS Request
2014/02/15
File Transfer...
Med's Request
2015/06/13
Med's Done....
2015/06/27
Passport Req..
2015/09/29
VISA ISSUED...
2015/10/27
LANDED..........
2015/10/31
Amisnic said:
Sorry to say that you will have a big problem trying to suggest that a Project Coordinator = Construction Manager OR Project Manager, etc. I will see if I can find you a suitable NOC
I appreciate much. I am doing a search too. Let me know your suggestion.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Your NOC is most likely 7205:

7205 Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers
This unit group includes roofing, masonry, painting and other construction trade contractors, not elsewhere classified, who own and operate their own business. Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of various tradespersons, installers, repairers and servicers classified in the following minor groups: Masonry and Plastering Trades (728), Other Construction Trades (729) and Other Installers, Repairers and Servicers (744). They are employed by a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the unit group descriptions. This unit group also includes prefabricated product installation and service contractors and proprietors of some repair and service establishments.

Example Titles
bricklaying contractor
cement finishing contractor
foreman/woman, glaziers
foreman/woman, insulators
foreman/woman, plasterers
painting contractor
pest control supervisor
roofing contractor
supervisor, bicycle repair shop
supervisor, painters and decorators
supervisor, tilesetters

View all titles

Main duties

Contractors and supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:•Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of construction workers engaged in bricklaying, roofing, cement finishing, tilesetting, plastering, drywall installation, glazing, insulating and painting, and workers who install and service prefabricated products in residential and commercial properties, as well as workers who repair a wide variety of products, such as musical instruments, sports equipment, vending machines, bicycles and cameras
•Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other subcontractors
•Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
•Requisition materials and supplies
•Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
•Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
•Prepare work progress reports
•May manage the operations of own company
•May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.

Employment requirements
•Completion of secondary school is usually required.
•Several years of experience in the trade or in the work area supervised are usually required.
•Journeyman/woman trade certification may be required for some occupations in this unit group.

Additional information
•There is little or no mobility among supervisors in this unit group.

Classified elsewhere
•Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades (7204)
•Contractors and supervisors, pipefitting trades (7203)
•Electrical contractors and supervisors of electricians (in 7202 Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations )
•Ironwork contractors and supervisors of ironworkers (in 7201 Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations )

Classification Structure - 7

edta said:
Dear all,

"
"

Reactions: Fantastica

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Are you a graduate engineer by any chance?

edta

Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
NOC Code......
1122 / 0711
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014/05/12
AOR Received.
2014/06/17
IELTS Request
2014/02/15
File Transfer...
Med's Request
2015/06/13
Med's Done....
2015/06/27
Passport Req..
2015/09/29
VISA ISSUED...
2015/10/27
LANDED..........
2015/10/31
Amisnic said:
Are you a graduate engineer by any chance?
I have looked at the suggested NOC 7205. It does has some similarity. However, I was doing a larger scale work in Labrador City. It was a heavy industry project in plant expansion. I graduated with a Civil Engineering degree. Let me know if you need more information.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Ok, tell me everything about the project, what degree you have and from where, when did you graduate, your salary and exact job title, who did you report to?

edta said:
I have looked at the suggested NOC 7205. It does has some similarity. However, I was doing a larger scale work in Labrador City. It was a heavy industry project in plant expansion. I graduated with a Civil Engineering degree. Let me know if you need more information.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you project coordinator for the trades, subcontractors, or are you with general contractors?

After exploring NOC 0711 more, I think you can fall under that category: Construction Project Coordinator. It seemed that they categorize those that manage the activities of construction under this NOC code. Most likely right now, the VOs got confused with term similar like I did, even as I work in that industry. Construction Manager for NOC 0711 has a senior position connotation.

Did you put your position as a project coordinator or as a construction manager?

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
If his LOE is correct then there is no way he can be classified as a Construction Manager

retwant said:
Are you project coordinator for the trades, subcontractors, or are you with general contractors?

After exploring NOC 0711 more, I think you can fall under that category: Construction Project Coordinator. It seemed that they categorize those that manage the activities of construction under this NOC code. Most likely right now, the VOs got confused with term similar like I did, even as I work in that industry. Construction Manager for NOC 0711 has a senior position connotation.

Did you put your position as a project coordinator or as a construction manager?

edta

Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
NOC Code......
1122 / 0711
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014/05/12
AOR Received.
2014/06/17
IELTS Request
2014/02/15
File Transfer...
Med's Request
2015/06/13
Med's Done....
2015/06/27
Passport Req..
2015/09/29
VISA ISSUED...
2015/10/27
LANDED..........
2015/10/31
retwant said:

You might encounter problem with your application, as the project coordinator is way off compared to construction manager. One is a junior coordinator position that requires almost no experience while the other is a highly senior management position that might require more than 10 years of experience.
It was a position as a Project Coordinator (exact job title) with a consulting company providing project control (scheduling, quality and cost management) services to the owner. Therefore, i was working on the owner's side supporting the Scheduler or Project Manager in scheduling and quality management. At the same time, i review the contractors' work in terms of scheduling and quality. I was reporting to the Construction Manager.

The work was about a mining company expanding their operation by building a new processing plant.

I have a Civil Engineering degree with one of the universities in the Maritime.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
You could go with NOC 2131:
2131 Civil engineers
Civil engineers plan, design, develop and manage projects for the construction or repair of buildings, earth structures, powerhouses, roads, airports, railways, rapid transit facilities, bridges, tunnels, canals, dams, ports and coastal installations and systems related to highway and transportation services, water distribution and sanitation. Civil engineers may also specialize in foundation analysis, building and structural inspection, surveying, geomatics and municipal planning. Civil engineers are employed by engineering consulting companies, in all levels of government, by construction firms and in many other industries, or they may be self-employed.

Example Titles
bridge engineer
civil engineer
construction engineer
environmental engineer
geodetic engineer
geomatics engineer
highway engineer
hydraulics engineer
municipal engineer
project engineer, construction
public works engineer
sanitation engineer
structural engineer
surveying engineer
traffic engineer
transportation engineer
water management engineer

View all titles

Main duties

Civil engineers perform some or all of the following duties:•Confer with clients and other members of the engineering team and conduct research to determine project requirements
•Plan and design major civil projects such as buildings, roads, bridges, dams, water and waste management systems and structural steel fabrications
•Develop construction specifications and procedures
•Evaluate and recommend appropriate building and construction materials
•Interpret, review and approve survey and civil design work
•Conduct field services for civil works
•Ensure construction plans meet guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations
•Establish and monitor construction work schedules
•Conduct feasibility studies, economic analyses, municipal and regional traffic studies, environmental impact studies or other investigations
•Monitor air, water and soil quality and develop procedures to clean up contaminated sites
•Conduct technical analyses of survey and field data for development of topographic, soil, hydrological or other information and prepare reports
•Act as project or site supervisor for land survey or construction work
•Prepare contract documents and review and evaluate tenders for construction projects
•Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates.

Employment requirements
•A bachelor's degree in civil engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
•A master's degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
•Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
•Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
•Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification is offered by the Canada Green Building Council and may be required by some employers.

Additional information
•There is considerable mobility between civil engineering specializations at the less senior levels.
•Supervisory and senior positions in this unit group require experience.
•Engineers often work in a multidisciplinary environment and acquire knowledge and skills through work experience that may allow them to practise in associated areas of science, engineering, sales, marketing or management.

Classified elsewhere
•Chemical environmental engineers (in 2134 Chemical engineers )
•Construction managers (0711)
•Engineering managers (0211)
•Geological engineers (2144)
•Managers in transportation (0731)

edta said:
It was a position as a Project Coordinator (exact job title) with a consulting company providing project control (scheduling, quality and cost management) services to the owner. Therefore, i was working on the owner's side supporting the Scheduler or Project Manager in scheduling and quality management. At the same time, i review the contractors' work in terms of scheduling and quality. I was reporting to the Construction Manager.

The work was about a mining company expanding their operation by building a new processing plant.

I have a Civil Engineering degree with one of the universities in the Maritime.

edta

Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
NOC Code......
1122 / 0711
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014/05/12
AOR Received.
2014/06/17
IELTS Request
2014/02/15
File Transfer...
Med's Request
2015/06/13
Med's Done....
2015/06/27
Passport Req..
2015/09/29
VISA ISSUED...
2015/10/27
LANDED..........
2015/10/31
Amisnic said:
You could go with NOC 2131:
2131 Civil engineers
Civil engineers plan, design, develop and manage projects for the construction or repair of buildings, earth structures, powerhouses, roads, airports, railways, rapid transit facilities, bridges, tunnels, canals, dams, ports and coastal installations and systems related to highway and transportation services, water distribution and sanitation. Civil engineers may also specialize in foundation analysis, building and structural inspection, surveying, geomatics and municipal planning. Civil engineers are employed by engineering consulting companies, in all levels of government, by construction firms and in many other industries, or they may be self-employed.

Example Titles
bridge engineer
civil engineer
construction engineer
environmental engineer
geodetic engineer
geomatics engineer
highway engineer
hydraulics engineer
municipal engineer
project engineer, construction
public works engineer
sanitation engineer
structural engineer
surveying engineer
traffic engineer
transportation engineer
water management engineer

View all titles

Main duties

Civil engineers perform some or all of the following duties:•Confer with clients and other members of the engineering team and conduct research to determine project requirements
•Plan and design major civil projects such as buildings, roads, bridges, dams, water and waste management systems and structural steel fabrications
•Develop construction specifications and procedures
•Evaluate and recommend appropriate building and construction materials
•Interpret, review and approve survey and civil design work
•Conduct field services for civil works
•Ensure construction plans meet guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations
•Establish and monitor construction work schedules
•Conduct feasibility studies, economic analyses, municipal and regional traffic studies, environmental impact studies or other investigations
•Monitor air, water and soil quality and develop procedures to clean up contaminated sites
•Conduct technical analyses of survey and field data for development of topographic, soil, hydrological or other information and prepare reports
•Act as project or site supervisor for land survey or construction work
•Prepare contract documents and review and evaluate tenders for construction projects
•Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates.

Employment requirements
•A bachelor's degree in civil engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
•A master's degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
•Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
•Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
•Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification is offered by the Canada Green Building Council and may be required by some employers.

Additional information
•There is considerable mobility between civil engineering specializations at the less senior levels.
•Supervisory and senior positions in this unit group require experience.
•Engineers often work in a multidisciplinary environment and acquire knowledge and skills through work experience that may allow them to practise in associated areas of science, engineering, sales, marketing or management.

Classified elsewhere
•Chemical environmental engineers (in 2134 Chemical engineers )
•Construction managers (0711)
•Engineering managers (0211)
•Geological engineers (2144)
•Managers in transportation (0731)
Thanks. Do you have similar experience which need to change NOC# which application in process? I know that before submitting i had to fill in work experience and NOC in some of the forms. Do i need to re-submit them with the correct NOC?