+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC application - Representative / Visa Office / Open Work Permit questions!

davidf

Mar 27, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I'll try to make it clear simple to! I have been working in Canada for 15 months now, my last job lasted 6 months on a work permit valid for 3 years.

I've been working on my application for 3 months now and have everything the checklist is requesting (language test, 4 different police reports from where I lived etc...).

1- What is are the advantages I would get using a representative? Is there any process time difference? Success rate higher? (I'm not really worried since I already went through two LMOs without any issue).

2- I'm laid off and don't want to stay around not working, or looking for a job with a new visa application I'm planning to leave the Canada until I get the residency. I'm French so I should put the Visa Office in Paris? Is there any specific title for it? Embassy of France? No documentation is clear about that on the cic web.

3- Waiting for the actual residency might be a bit long to come back... hu... I heard I should be entitled to apply for an Open Work Permit during the residency application, can someone direct me to the documentation about this? Or give me infos about when this can happen and how long it take to proceed?

4- Since my present work permit is valid for 3 years, can I leave the country for 6 months and come back under it? (not being employed by the company that it was made for...)

Thanks!

-david

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
davidf said:
1- What is are the advantages I would get using a representative? Is there any process time difference? Success rate higher? (I'm not really worried since I already went through two LMOs without any issue).
Representative can't make you more eligible or speed up your application.

Good representatives can help you avoid common mistakes and ensure you provide all the required documentation.

Bad representatives can mislead you, falsify documents without your knowledge, and lead to your rejection.

There isn't a simple answer to this - everything you need to do to apply is outlined in the CIC application guide. It is a matter of personal reference. If using a representative, do research on them.

2- I'm laid off and don't want to stay around not working, or looking for a job with a new visa application I'm planning to leave the Canada until I get the residency. I'm French so I should put the Visa Office in Paris? Is there any specific title for it? Embassy of France? No documentation is clear about that on the cic web.
You can just put Paris.

3- Waiting for the actual residency might be a bit long to come back... hu... I heard I should be entitled to apply for an Open Work Permit during the residency application, can someone direct me to the documentation about this? Or give me infos about when this can happen and how long it take to proceed?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2012-12-17.asp

You need a valid work permit and your AOR to apply for it.

4- Since my present work permit is valid for 3 years, can I leave the country for 6 months and come back under it? (not being employed by the company that it was made for...)
Depends on the conditions of the work permit - if it is tied to a specific employer, then you cannot work for anyone else, but the permit itself is still valid. On re-entry to Canada, you could be subject to the question if you're still employed with that employer (and the immigration officer can potentially deny you entry).