+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC application reopened after closed as incomplete

omarawad

Jul 1, 2018
My initial application had a police certificate missing which I then sent via webform. Before IRCC processes my webform, my application was cancelled as incomplete. Recently, my application was reopened likely after IRCC processed my webform and received the missing doc. and asked me to repay the processing fee as it was previously refunded.

CEC, single, inland
ITA: Aug 5th
AOR: Aug 16th
Biometrics updated: Sept 16th
App. cancelled as incomplete: Sept. 21st
App. reopened: Nov. 18th

1) Should I expect a similar timeline (2-3 months) similar to the CEC application submitted in last Aug./Sept.?
2) When should I start getting worried and apply for GCMS notes?
3) Anyone was in the same situation and received their PR?

Last edited:

Dandang0522

Aug 24, 2021
My initial application had a police certificate missing which I then sent via webform. Before IRCC processes my webform, my application was cancelled as incomplete. Recently, my application was reopened likely after IRCC processed my webform and received the missing doc. and asked me to repay the processing fee as it was previously refunded.

CEC, single, inland

1) Should I expect a similar timeline (2-3 months) similar to the CEC application submitted in last Aug./Sept.?
Hi I had the same situation. My application was cancelled due to a missing document. How long did it take after you send via web form to get the respond from IRCC and have the application reopened ?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

CEC, single, inland

Folks just one observation, I think we should use the placeholder that IR(etard)CC creates for uploading docs, if they are available. This is because IRCC Customer Service (CS) have all been sent to Afghanistan to do belly dance for Taliban and you cann't expect those sloth bears to move their shitty arse any faster than how pain dries. So your webforms will always be at risk. Uploading docs in IRCC's portal is a little bit safer (in my very naive opinion). That being said, in their great wisdom, IRCC has designed its UI to hide the placeholder from view. You have to click the document link to go there to upload! Yes, this is a first world country!

Rgill133

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Hello guys , any of you got any update after reopening your application?
Mine was reopened on 16 nov, still nothing. When i call ircc to ask status , automatic reply id application not fount but when i did talk to customer agent they said they are checking background. Did you guys try that? Any update for reopened profiles?

Rgill133

Star Member
May 19, 2021

CEC, single, inland

Any update ??